• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The first GDPR massive fine !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Place your bets

"...the focus would be on big companies - particularly those in the technology sector - that "deliberately, persistently or negligently misuse data"

My guess is Google.

The winner of this thread gets ........much kudos.
    It's going to be a phone company.

My money is on TalkTalk (again).
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Admin. NAT provided a useful link to LinkedIn and has asked that we all put in the following letter to CUK (Contractor UK Limited, 1 Northumberland Avenue, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5BW) today:
      The letter needs to be cut back at bit because;

The controller shall provide information on action taken on a request under Articles 15 to 22 to the data subject without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. The controller shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay. Where the data subject makes the request by electronic form means, the information shall be provided by electronic means where possible, unless otherwise requested by the data subject.
      Article 12 EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR). Privacy/Privazy according to plan.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Place your bets

"...the focus would be on big companies - particularly those in the technology sector - that "deliberately, persistently or negligently misuse data"

My guess is Google.

The winner of this thread gets ........much kudos.
        Facebook & Google according to The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...onsumer-rights

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          It's going to be a phone company.

My money is on TalkTalk (again).
          My money is on the Indian chap who keeps ringing me up telling me there's a problem with my BT Broadband. I don't have BT Broadband...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            My money is on the Indian chap who keeps ringing me up telling me there's a problem with my BT Broadband. I don't have BT Broadband...
            I wish.

Only legitimate companies follow the rules. Scammers just gonna keep on scammin'

What a good scammer needs is access to their targets personal information.

So it would be handy for them if every company was required by law to divulge all personally held information.

So I'd advise them to start by gleaning all the personal information they can from social media and then to put in data access requests to a variety of utility/phone companies on behalf of their target to pick up more information before moving onto the banks.

Comment

TSB??
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                I wish.

Only legitimate companies follow the rules. Scammers just gonna keep on scammin'

What a good scammer needs is access to their targets personal information.

So it would be handy for them if every company was required by law to divulge all personally held information.

So I'd advise them to start by gleaning all the personal information they can from social media and then to put in data access requests to a variety of utility/phone companies on behalf of their target to pick up more information before moving onto the banks.
                That was sort of my point. It's aimed at the wrong people. Which is why it's a complete waste of time.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  That was sort of my point. It's aimed at the wrong people. Which is why it's a complete waste of time.
                  So because there are people who break the rules there is no point in having rules at all?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    Please let is be HMRC first. CUK second......
                    Then where would you be if we had to shut down the HMRC Scheme Enquiries forum?
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The first GDPR massive fine !

I reckon a utility company. One of the old ones. Perhaps British Gas.

I’ll also have a side bet on Northern Powergrid as well as the distribution equivalents in other areas. They have personal data but aren’t customer facing as such so perhaps aren’t quite as ready/vigilant as the ones who bill customers directly.

I’d have gone for google and TSB but got beaten to it.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X