• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standard Hours - Does it include an hour for lunch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You don't but you can also get yourself in hot water for taking the piss. 200 quid? Where on earth do you get that from? Return flights from London to Dublin costs under 70 quid. Love to see your clients face when you present that one. Is it worth jeopardising a gig asking for more than the travel costs?

P.s. It's not a commute. I'll let you work that one out.
    My day rate on the plate is good, expenses are additional agreed. Driving to LHR/LCY/LGW, Parking, Breakfast are claimable as expenses, possibly dinner. However to catch a flight at 7 from LHR, I need to leave home at 5 latest. I am asking for a top up to cover 5 AM to 11 PM time. Sorry if it wasn’t clear. Also not sure, where you have seen £70 returns. I used to go to Dublin for a big Client last year and flights were never below £180-£200 return however I used to book them 2-3 days before travel. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
      My day rate on the plate is good, expenses are additional agreed. Driving to LHR/LCY/LGW, Parking, Breakfast are claimable as expenses, possibly dinner. However to catch a flight at 7 from LHR, I need to leave home at 5 latest. I am asking for a top up to cover 5 AM to 11 PM time. Sorry if it wasn’t clear. Also not sure, where you have seen £70 returns. I used to go to Dublin for a big Client last year and flights were never below £180-£200 return however I used to book them 2-3 days before travel. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
      So the 200 is for the time as well has having all your expenses paid?

That's quite an ask IMO. If you've got the gig and there is no chance you'll get canned by asking then as you say, go for it. Maybe clients in Dublin expect to be charged for travel where clients in the UK using contractors that have have to travel and stay away don't.

Personally, for the first few trips I'd be travelling the night before and rocking up fresh as a daisy at 7 and leaving earlier. Not sure being up for 4 hours and turning up to the client at around 9 is 'adding value' but I'm sure plenty do those times if that's the earliest flight. I'd just make a good first few impressions before going back to something more normal.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 18 June 2019, 22:55.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ripoffair LGW 21.35 return next day DUB 19.20 £57 quid.

Plenty of other flights at different times up to 114 quid from what I can see.

But if the client is paying who cares I guess.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I try to fit to the clients working pattern, after all I am working with them so need them to be around, this lasts about a week until they piss me off and then I start to work earlier or later when no one is around to bother me so I can get on with some real work without interruptions
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Can't believe no-one has added some time for "cracking one off" into their working day....

Oopps- is it just me?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Can't believe no-one has added some time for "cracking one off" into their working day....

Oopps- is it just me?
              That's why they have wipe clean seats in the dole office.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                That's why they have wipe clean seats in the dole office.
                ha ha yeh they probably do.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  ha ha yeh they probably do.
                  And when you're finished with your bog cleaning gig at Glasto, you can add they to your CV and apply for the role.

Comment

Working...
                  X