• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standard Hours - Does it include an hour for lunch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard Hours - Does it include an hour for lunch?

Most of the time, my contract is based on day rate with no reference to the number of hours and I often get confused with the number of working/contracted/standard hours. Therefore I do 8 + 1 hour as a standard.

Just curious to know how other contractors approach it. Do you do 7+1 or 8+1?

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Most of the time, my contract is based on day rate with no reference to the number of hours and I often get confused with the number of working/contracted/standard hours. Therefore I do 8 + 1 hour as a standard.

Just curious to know how other contractors approach it. Do you do 7+1 or 8+1?
    I am paid to do work, my contract dictates the amount of work so for me it's 8 hours work. All this +1 is permie thinking.

You kinda answered your own question in your very first post by the way

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    I would accept the role, show off my expert skills but work only for 8 hours.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I am paid to do work, my contract dictates the amount of work so for me it's 8 hours work. All this +1 is permie thinking.

You kinda answered your own question in your very first post by the way
      for me it's a day rate, - 7 hours work, i'll take 1/2 hour lunch, but it can be weekends etc for dress rehearsals, and whatever it takes at go-live, if the excrement meets the AC

Comment

7 +1. Often 7 + 1.5 if I goto gym
        "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
        Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Sorry 6.5 + 1.5 if I goto gym
          "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
          Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

7.5 + 0.5 usually

Comment

7 to 8 + 0.5.

If it's a nice day I may reduce the hours worked a little.

Comment

I'm fairly similar to most. 7-8 hours for lunch and 0.5 doing any meaningful work.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch? Aw, you gotta be kidding. Lunch is for wimps.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I'm fairly similar to most. 7-8 hours for lunch and 0.5 doing any meaningful work.
                    When do you take a tea break then?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X