• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standard Hours - Does it include an hour for lunch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Hours

10:00 Arrive at office, take shower
    10:30 breakfast at desk
    11:00 to 12:00 meeting
    12:00 Coffee break
    12:15 to 13:00 on CUK forum
    13:00 Lunch at the pub
    14:15 Return to office post on CUK
    15:00 Update work log
    15:15 Coffee
    15:30 leave for home
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Contractor Hours

10:00 Arrive at office, take shower
      10:30 breakfast at desk
      11:00 to 12:00 meeting
      12:00 Coffee break
      12:15 to 13:00 on CUK forum
      13:00 Lunch at the pub
      14:15 Return to office post on CUK
      15:00 Update work log
      15:15 Coffee
      15:30 leave for home
      15 mins to update the work log? Someone is slacking and needs to be spoken to!
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It all depends on the role I'm performing, the client, and the stage of the project.

Today, I was logged on and working by 7:15. I had a 20 mins or so lunch with wife. Logged off about 4:45

Tomorrow I'll be on by 8 again, but not sure yet how long i'll be working but likely at least 5.

I am WFH though and the wife works for same company so it doesn't strictly feels like work in many ways as we're spending time together

I almost never work less than 8 hours plus lunch. And I try not to consistently work over 12 hour days, but needs must.

I bill 'day rate' however many hours I work - apart from one place where i was able to charge in 15 minute chunks ... this helped me clear my mortgage back in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          It all depends on the role I'm performing, the client, and the stage of the project.

Today, I was logged on and working by 7:15. I had a 20 mins or so lunch with wife. Logged off about 4:45

Tomorrow I'll be on by 8 again, but not sure yet how long i'll be working but likely at least 5.

I am WFH though and the wife works for same company so it doesn't strictly feels like work in many ways as we're spending time together

I almost never work less than 8 hours plus lunch. And I try not to consistently work over 12 hour days, but needs must.

I bill 'day rate' however many hours I work - apart from one place where i was able to charge in 15 minute chunks ... this helped me clear my mortgage back in 2008
          So you have had a blow job on works time then surely.

I mean me and the missus work from home together sometimes and like you know.

[emoji894][emoji895]

[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I mean me and the missus work from home together sometimes and like you know.

[emoji894][emoji895]

[emoji106]
            Depending on my workload, when I visit the OH I will often go and hot desk somewhere rather than WFH. Far fewer distractions...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Depending on my workload, when I visit the OH I will often go and hot desk somewhere rather than WFH. Far fewer distractions...
              So long as the 'workload' is palatable that should work well.

[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Only when I go into the office

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Contractor Hours

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    The clue to answer is in your question... Unless you've negotiated it in.
                    Planning to bump up the day rate by £200 or so to cover for longer commute. Thanks. Lets see what happens. You don’t get it until you ask for it.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
                      Planning to bump up the day rate by £200 or so to cover for longer commute. Thanks. Lets see what happens. You don’t get it until you ask for it.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
                      You don't but you can also get yourself in hot water for taking the piss. 200 quid? Where on earth do you get that from? Return flights from London to Dublin costs under 70 quid. Love to see your clients face when you present that one. Is it worth jeopardising a gig asking for more than the travel costs?

P.s. It's not a commute. I'll let you work that one out.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X