• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unnamed person arrested and sent straight to jail under media blackout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, so no media blackout then?

Well, there you have it Lockhouse.

I can carry on with my day in that case.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's probably a bad idea to commit contempt of court while serving a suspended sentence for contempt of court.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

However if you're not quite straight in the head:

Even his own party had to correct him...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Tommy Robinson - that’s the chap we’re talking about, since it actually isn’t under a media blackout.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Oh, so no media blackout then?
            There might be. There is a ban on reporting certain aspects until a specific trial is over. Breaching that ban would be contempt of court. Probably best not to publicly speculate until next week...

Comment

Tommy Robinson - that’s the chap we’re talking about, since it actually isn’t under a media blackout.
              And that's not even his real name...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                And that's not even his real name...
                Well, he wouldn't want to bring Lennon into disrepute.

Comment

So Utterly un- newsworthy story fails to be widely reported = media blackout?

Tinfoil is on offer in ASDA this week, you might want to re-line your hat.

Comment

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, AKA Tommy Robinson.

Indeed, and the only person claiming he is a reporter his him. It's the excuse he uses to go and stir up tulip. "reporting on the situation".

He was arrested for breeching the conditions of a suspended sentence he got for contempt of court last year which involved his attempting to film court proceedings during a trial. He's done exactly the same thing again by live-streaming himself going into the court to "report"on a trial. So the terms of his suspended sentence mean he's been jailed for the original term and will probably be facing trial for this offence as well.
                    Last edited by DaveB; 27 May 2018, 09:33.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

hmm surprised the lefty politicians don't love him

He co-founded the English Defence League (EDL) in 2009 and has been arrested numerous times during demonstrations and at fights between football fans, as well as being jailed for mortgage fraud in 2014.
                      isn't that the kind of thing they like? Or are they worried about the competition?

Is it strange that when I hear "far right" I expect to see skinheads, much like when I hear " far left protest march" I expect to see swampy dreads?

Still a nasty piece of work, sounds like he will be glad to get back to prison.

Not sure what the difference is between this and the BBC sending a helicopter to Sir Cliff's apartment or the daily "perp walk" of various celebs during the operation Yewtree prosecutions?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X