Unnamed person arrested and sent straight to jail under media blackout Unnamed person arrested and sent straight to jail under media blackout
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 194

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

Default Unnamed person arrested and sent straight to jail under media blackout

A person who shall remain nameless was arrested yesterday and sent straight to jail for apparently being a news reporter. Whether this is true or not, the media blackout is the most appalling abuse of power.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Where did you learn about this un-story?

Not sure what we can do with this info, and it’s only an appalling abuse of power if it’s true btw. There can’t be a media blackout if nothing happened in the first place.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Not sure what we can do with this info, and it’s only an appalling abuse of power if it’s true btw. There can’t be a media blackout if nothing happened in the first place.
    Indeed. Not sure of the absolute truth at the moment so reserve judgement. There was a demonstration outside Downing Street at 3.00pm today. You might not like the bloke, but you just can't go around locking people up because they have opposing views (if that's what happened).
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    A person who shall remain nameless was arrested yesterday and sent straight to jail for apparently being a news reporter. Whether this is true or not, the media blackout is the most appalling abuse of power.
    If it is not true, in what way can there be a media blackout?

Are you a UKIP supporter or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Are you a UKIP supporter or something?

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

If you are interested the story is all over twitter, which is how most attempts by the government to keep things quiet end up these days.

It's the second OTT blunder by the state over freedom of speech issues in a week, we must be getting close to a change in prime minister or something.

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    So many what-ifs and whether-it’s-true-or-nots.

But, if “apparently being a news reporter” is breaking the terms of a suspended sentence, shouldn’t said offender be re-arrested (note, not arrested, re-arrested)? Hypothetically speaking.

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    So many what-ifs and whether-it’s-true-or-nots.

But, if “apparently being a news reporter” is breaking the terms of a suspended sentence, shouldn’t said offender be re-arrested (note, not arrested, re-arrested)? Hypothetically speaking.
    I don’t have a problem with that. I have a problem with the press not being allowed to report it.

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

You're not getting confused with this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8368821.html
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    You're not getting confused with this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8368821.html
    And conflated with this
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3849046.html

But what media blackout?
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath