• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ - Gas or Charcoal ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Disposable all the way.

Disposable barbeque? Whatever next?! I bet you have one of those plastic lawns too!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Disposable barbeque? Whatever next?! I bet you have one of those plastic lawns too!
      Sidenote : My artificial grass was a great investment!

Comment

Gas all the way IF you remember to put the lava rocks in it......then your food is being cooked by the hot rocks and not the gas flame.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

This should have been a poll shirley?
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

I want one of these. Best of both worlds - a normal kettle BBQ and a proper smoker, where the smoke goes up and smokes the meat

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ProQ-Fronti.../dp/B00PC23BAM
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Real contractors have a gas barbecue to assist in lighting their charcoal barbecue.

Comment

BBQ = charcoal
                  Grill = gas

/thread
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Last edited by Scruff; 1 June 2018, 08:07.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Half of the flavour of the BBQ comes from the charcoal.

If you are going for gas, might as well just buy a grill pan and use the cooker.

If your main reason for going gas is the ease of starting it, Weber have charcoal models with small gas cartridge used to start the BBQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X