• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ - Gas or Charcoal ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    Half of the flavour of the BBQ comes from the charcoal.

If you are going for gas, might as well just buy a grill pan and use the cooker.

If your main reason for going gas is the ease of starting it, Weber have charcoal models with small gas cartridge used to start the BBQ.
    Totally, agree with this. And good charcoal makes a big difference to the taste of the food.

My only advice because I'm really just a novice bbq man, is get this book. It's amazing how cooking food correctly makes a huge difference to the taste

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Webers-Comp.../dp/0600621111

Comment

My step daughter got me this for xmas: Fire and smoke it's very good (if a little hipster) even for a seasoned BBQer

Comment

thanks for the input

validated my thoughts - Gas is just an easy cop out. Stick with the coal.

GreenEgg is the bees knees but a bit above my station at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X