• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mirror, Signal, Motorway Manoeuvre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Next: invalid carriages and motorcycles under 50cc, pedestrians, and animals
    With the exception of invalid carriages (unless you include Smart cars ) I've already seen the rest of the above on a motorway at one time or another
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

I well remember seeing a gentleman riding a bicycle down the hard shoulder some 35 years or so ago.

It was along the M4 somewhere near that London.

But at least he was going the same direction as the traffic.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I well remember seeing a gentleman riding a bicycle down the hard shoulder some 35 years or so ago.

It was along the M4 somewhere near that London.

But at least he was going the same direction as the traffic.
        anything to escape the wrath of WTFH!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          In some parts of the UK they have the "R" plate for "Restricted". For a year after you've passed your test you can only drive up to a max of 45mph, but on any road. This gives you time to learn a bit more without having someone there to hold your hand, and the R lets other drivers know that you are a new driver, so give a bit of extra room and consideration.
          Never heard of that. Which parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
            Never heard of that. Which parts?
            Northern Ireland (scroll to the bottom: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...r-requirements )
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What next? Lessons on how to try and evade a Police pursuit without stoving your tulipbox corsa into another car/tree/bus full of Nuns for 17 year old Ayrton Senna wannabes?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                What next? Lessons on how to try and evade a Police pursuit without stoving your tulipbox corsa into another car/tree/bus full of Nuns for 17 year old Ayrton Senna wannabes?
                I don’t see the link.

Comment

I always thought getting rid of the man with the red flag was a bad idea. JR-M for PM

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Driving at 45mph on a motorway and some dual carriageways is dangerous.

It also annoys HGV drivers who then have to be let out by people like me, who can see their frustration.
                    Indeed - in fact the minimum on the motorway or dual carriage way for non hgv traffic should be 60

Comment

My pet peave is people who insist on joining the MWay far slower than the traffic already on it, with me behind in the danger zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X