• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mirror, Signal, Motorway Manoeuvre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    My pet peave is people who insist on joining the MWay far slower than the traffic already on it, with me behind in the danger zone.
    Traffic Lights on slip roads! The genius who dreamt up that concept needs hanging!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Traffic Lights on slip roads! The genius who dreamt up that concept needs hanging!
      Have those in some parts of Germany, they only let a couple of cars onto the motorway at a time and only used during rush hour. Work a treat...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Indeed - in fact the minimum on the motorway or dual carriage way for non hgv traffic should be 60
        So you can go anywhere between 60 and 70? What freedom!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Being able to average anything above 40mph on UK motorways would be a plus!

Btw, anyone else noticed the size of the potholes on the M6? FFS!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Well actually anywhere between 60 and 85....

but the main point is anything which keeps hgv's to the inside lane is a bonus.

The number of times you come across slow moving traffic being caused solely because someone is doing 50 in the inside lane which forces hgv to middle lane which then causes middle lane hogger into outside lane to over take lorry - but middle lane hogger will only ever do 60 - thus all other traffic is reduced to a max of 60 for the duration of the over take manoeuvres - which can be 1-2 miles ....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Next: invalid carriages and motorcycles under 50cc, pedestrians, and animals
              Where my caravan has rested

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-...wales-44512792
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Well actually anywhere between 60 and 85....

but the main point is anything which keeps hgv's to the inside lane is a bonus.

The number of times you come across slow moving traffic being caused solely because someone is doing 50 in the inside lane which forces hgv to middle lane which then causes middle lane hogger into outside lane to over take lorry - but middle lane hogger will only ever do 60 - thus all other traffic is reduced to a max of 60 for the duration of the over take manoeuvres - which can be 1-2 miles ....
                HGVs are limited to 56 mph. Unfortunately UK motorways also have hills and speeds are thus reduced.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Probably a good idea. I remember my first ever solo trip after passing my driving test, I nearly went the wrong way up a dual carriageway. Having learned to drive in a London suburb, I'd never encountered one before.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Our travelling friends are ahead of the game as ever.

Once the oil runs out, the M4 will be nose to tail with ponies & traps.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X