• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EasyJet flight cancellation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyJet flight cancellation

Thanks to French ATC my flight home (with 3 other family members) last week was cancelled. We got a flight on Swiss to Zürich and then train to Basel. We had to have an extra overnight stay and a meal in the UK. I was almost 3000CHF out of pocket.

EasyJet have refunded all my expenses. All of them. No quibble.

Have I slipped into an alternate universe*? This is the second time this has happened in 6 months.

* Obviously French ATC being on strike is a feature of all rational alternate universes.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Thanks to French ATC my flight home (with 3 other family members) last week was cancelled. We got a flight on Swiss to Zürich and then train to Basel. We had to have an extra overnight stay and a meal in the UK. I was almost 3000CHF out of pocket.

Have I slipped into an alternate universe*? This is the second time this has happened in 6 months.

* Obviously French ATC being on strike is a feature of all rational alternate universes.
    Were you not hungry after sharing a baked potato with cheese between you?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Were you not hungry after sharing a baked potato with cheese between you?
      That’s only 2500 CHF, what’s the other 500 for?

I was left stranded by EasyJet back in Feb in the snows in Stuttgart, last minute hotel for €300 for the night. I was sure they were going to argue about it, but they paid straight up. Strange doings afoot.

Comment

I flew with them regularly for some years.
        seldom any problem, but, when there was, they responded very well

Comment

I think you have. I’m still waiting for a reply from FlyBe, six weeks after a cancellation and 5hr delay. Just about to propagate to AviationADR.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            I think you have. I’m still waiting for a reply from FlyBe, six weeks after a cancellation and 5hr delay. Just about to propagate to AviationADR.
            next time fly easyjet?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              next time fly easyjet?
              Seems like.

Comment

they paid for NLyUK's stress relief services?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

though are you sure it was french ATC?

The 'unbearable stench of an unwashed man' forces Transavia airliner to divert | Daily Mail Online

The 'unbearable stench of an unwashed man' who cabin staff tried to quarantine in the toilet forces airliner to divert
                  The Transavia aircraft was travelling from Schiphol Airport to Gran Canaria
                  It diverted to the city of Faro, in the Algarve region of southern Portugal
                  Transavia confirmed the diversion saying it was due to 'medical reasons'
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X