Boys forced to wear skirts Boys forced to wear skirts - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 74

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Yes, I read what you posted. You said they had no other option. They do. They can wear trousers and not do what they want to. People can't always do what they want. It is called discipline, and a useful thing to learn at an early age.

Otherwise you may as well say that if children want to skip school, they have no option apart from playing truant.
    I said no other option if they wanted to be cooler. Your last statement is a bit daft and not relevant tbh.

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Those who wish can read the school's uniform policy, as of September 2017: http://www.chilternedge.oxon.sch.uk/..._2017-2018.pdf (PDF, 59KB). They may then speculate freely as to how much of a stretch the Daily Mail story is.

FWIW, my ultra-conservative all-male public school didn't permit either shorts or skirts back in the 1970s. I don't remember the Mail being up in arms about that at the time, or anybody giving a tulip really.
    Beat me to it and my comprehensive in the 70's didn't allow short either so this is just another story to create more gammon...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I said no other option if they wanted to be cooler. Your last statement is a bit daft and not relevant tbh.
    They have the option of not doing what they want.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Those who wish can read the school's uniform policy, as of September 2017: http://www.chilternedge.oxon.sch.uk/..._2017-2018.pdf (PDF, 59KB). They may then speculate freely as to how much of a stretch the Daily Mail story is.

FWIW, my ultra-conservative all-male public school didn't permit either shorts or skirts back in the 1970s. I don't remember the Mail being up in arms about that at the time, or anybody giving a tulip really.
    You're trying to present facts to the £350 million per week brigade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    S'funny but back in 2017 shorts weren't part of the school uniform either: http://www.chilternedge.oxon.sch.uk/..._2017-2018.pdf

Makes you think that the purveyors of our morals have some kind of agenda
    I think the problem started when the head teacher was asked if the boys could wear shorts when its warmer, after all the girls can wear both skirts and trousers. The head said no, then said yes to the boys being able to wear skirts.

So it's not really news worthy, but it would make sense for the boys to be able to wear shorts rather than skirts.

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post

I'm officially triggered - mods can we please have a 'easily triggered because I'm a cretin ' smiley?

Off to my safe space...
    FTFY and here you go:
    Hard Brexit now!

"In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could."

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I think the problem started when the ...
    ...Daily Mail Fan Club needed something to get their snowflake gammon blood pressure up, and rather than the disaster in Guatemala, or the shootings in the US, or anything like that, they decided the focus today should be on school uniforms, because that's worthy, while foreigners dying when religion or skin colour can't be blamed is irrelevant.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

So, applying the analytical skills that are so lacking in gammon, this is what happened:

“I made some changes and introduced a more formal school uniform,” Miss Green[headteacher] told us.
    Before, students could wear polo shirts and hoodies and there was not a specific footwear policy.
    I’m frustrated that we’re working to improve Chiltern Edge and that people are talking about whether boys can wear skirts”
    We want to raise standards and ensure pupils do well, pass their exams, and go on to become what they want to be. I think a formal school uniform is part of that.
    I’m frustrated that we’re working to improve Chiltern Edge and that people are talking about whether boys can wear skirts.
    I do not have an agenda. My only aim is to see pupils achieve. I haven’t said wear skirts”.

Alastair Vince-Porteous[parent at the school], from Caversham, told the paper:
    “I wanted to try to make him a bit cooler and the shorts would help with that but I was told shorts are not part of the uniform.
    I know that in the past boys at other schools have worn skirts so I asked if he would be able to do that if he wanted and they said ‘yes’.

I would have said "yes" too because the parent is obviously a moron.
    Hard Brexit now!

"In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could."

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Alastair Vince-Porteous[parent at the school], from Caversham, told the paper:
    Sounds like a moron...
    “I wanted to try to make him a bit cooler and the shorts would help with that but I was told shorts are not part of the uniform.
    I know that in the past boys at other schools have worn skirts so I asked if he would be able to do that if he wanted and they said ‘yes’.
    And there is the proof

I would have said "yes" too because the parent is obviously a moron.
    Totally this.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    ...Daily Mail Fan Club needed something to get their snowflake gammon blood pressure up, and rather than the disaster in Guatemala, or the shootings in the US, or anything like that, they decided the focus today should be on school uniforms, because that's worthy, while foreigners dying when religion or skin colour can't be blamed is irrelevant.
    I think it's a pretty poor article but by this logic we should not report on any minor news.