• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boys forced to wear skirts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'd be interested to see what shorts the lads think they are going to be able to wear. My lads and their mates wear shorts all the time and non of them are uniform types. Trackies, sweatpants, skinny jeans etc are what they call shorts. Not one of them would be seen dead in uniform type shorts. A school ought to call their bluff and say you can wear them but they have to be these and see how many will wear them. I'll bet it won't be a lot but there will be plenty in the papers with glum parents after being sent home.
    Lederhosen or GTFO

Comment

We all know kids want to rebel against their parents and do the opposite of what the older generation expects and demands.

So for people who deplore the current gender bending culture, doesn't it actually make good sense long-term for young boys to be compelled to wear skimpy hot pants and frilly tops, long hair, and plenty of makeup, and young girls baggy boiler suits and hobnail boots, and crew cuts and no makeup?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I'd like to now which continent your're talking about as it would inneresting for you to proven wrong, again...
        Europe, as it happens.

I was specifically thinking of a time I was staying in Innsbruck, Austria, when I was awoken in the middle of the night by an almighty banging.

My immediate reaction was that the huge viaduct that straddled the valley we were staying in had been blown up and I can remember rushing round the room in a state of panic exclaiming "OMG, they've blown up the bridge!!" but when I pulled the curtains back, instead of the expected scene of devastation, I bore witness to the most spectacular firework show and, down below, a load of schoolchildren in whose honour the spectacle was dedicated to mark their confirmation.

And, yes, the girls all wore very pretty dresses and the boys, shorts. Not much gender dysphoria going on in Austria.
        Last edited by That Pettifer Woman; 5 June 2018, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by That Pettifer Woman View Post
          Europe, as it happens.

I was specifically thinking of a time I was staying in Innsbruck, Austria, when I was awoken in the middle of the night by an almighty banging.

My immediate reaction was that the huge viaduct that straddled the valley we were staying in had been blown up and I can remember rushing round the room in a state of panic exclaiming "OMG, they've blown up the bridge!!" but when I pulled the curtains back, instead of the expected scene of devastation, I bore witness to the most spectacular firework show and, down below, a load of schoolchildren in whose honour the spectacle was dedicated to mark their confirmation.

And, yes, the girls all wore very pretty dresses and the boys, shorts. Not much gender dysphoria going on in Austria.

Inneresting....
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
            Can someone kill this sockie account.
            So little happens on CUK these days it's only the sockies that have anything inneresting to say. Let them live

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              So little happens on CUK these days it's only the sockies that have anything inneresting to say. Let them live
              Burn them I say!!!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Make them wear skirts in the hot weather!

Comment

This was covered in a few different news outlets:

Metro - School bans shorts in favour of ‘gender neutral’ skirts

Express - https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/969136/oxford-news-chiltern-edge-school-skirts-shorts-gender-neutral

Unilad - School Bans Shorts But Says Boys Could Wear Skirts Instead

Caused quite a stir and I thought it would be a fun topic - but the 'forced to wear skirts' bit is 'fake news' but banning shorts to accommodate transgenders is triggerable IMO hence the news coverage across several MSM outlets across the spectrum.

I must stop caring so much about PC nonsense, it's getting so silly - going to have to put it in the same box as endless wars and corrupt politicians etc.

Ho hum - wonder what cryptos are doing today...
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

always good to wind up some gammon faces

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      always good to wind up some gammon faces
                      True - it takes more than *rexit and house prices to keep this lot busy. If drama gets in too short supply they go looking for it .
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X