• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boys forced to wear skirts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    .. but banning shorts to accommodate transgenders is triggerable ..
    Seriously, what is to stop girls from wearing shorts if they wish?

That way TS pupils, of either sex, having the choice of either shorts or a skirt, couldn't justly claim they were being discriminated against, whatever they wore.

edit: Or have I missed the whole point of the hoo hah, if the offence arose in the first place by banning girls from wearing shorts and/or TSs from wearing skirts ?!

God, it was all so much simpler 50 years ago!
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 6 June 2018, 12:58.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

That way TS pupils, of either sex, having the choice of either shorts or a skirt, couldn't justly claim they were being discriminated against, whatever they wore.
      i don't understand why they felt they need to ban shorts at all. What's wrong with trousers, skirts and shorts in Summer? How does that offend transgender people?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Uniform at one of my schools was knickerbockers (that posh school in Knightsbridge) - or shorts, but girls could wear skirts if they wanted.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

i don't understand why they felt they need to ban shorts at all. What's wrong with trousers, skirts and shorts in Summer? How does that offend transgender people?
          Oh. My. God.

Transgendered people do not need a reason to be offended - you are just such an ignorant straight white privileged male.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Oh. My. God.

Transgendered people do not need a reason to be offended - you are just such an ignorant straight white privileged male.
            That is NOT OK!!

You need to take that down before I sentence you to public shaming...

Comment

That is NOT OK!!

It is not up to you to decide what is ok - you privileged patriarchal rapist.

Comment

[So what you're saying is] My only hope is for the right sort of person to get offended on my behalf and virtue signal for me?

Comment

Oh. My. God.

That is NOT OK!!

[So what you're saying is] My only hope is for the right sort of person to get offended on my behalf and virtue signal for me?

Feck me, it's a cretin wank-fest.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Feck me, it's a cretin wank-fest.
                    Don't know how you do it but you outdo yourself every post. How do you manage to keep upping your game like that?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      The school dress code.

Or have I missed the whole point of the hoo hah, if the offence arose in the first place by banning girls from wearing shorts
                      The whole hoo hah arose because a new dress code was imposed of long trousers or skirts. When the head teacher was asked if that meant boys could wear skirts if they chose, she said yes.

i don't understand why they felt they need to ban shorts at all.
                      The school dress code decided against shorts. Whether you agree or not, the idea is that smart dressing is more conducive to an educational environment. It was deemed that shorts are not smart.

This has precisely zero to do with transgender, right-on politics or virtue signalling, except it was seen that banning boys from wearing skirts could lead to snowflake activists getting hot under the collar.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X