• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boys forced to wear skirts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So - shorts banned in the school, but boys and girls get to choose between skirts and trousers.
    It's preparing them for the discrimination they are going to face when they grow up and become a white, single, straight, healthy, employed, home owning male.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      If boys want to wear clothing that is cooler in the summer months then the only option is to wear a skirt. So they are not being forced but they have no other option.
      They do have another option. They can wear trousers. It's good practice for the world of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        They do have another option. They can wear trousers. It's good practice for the world of work.
        But in Daily Fail Snowflake world, it's NOT FAIR (boo hoo) if a boy is allowed to wear trousers.

This paper and its worshippers have nothing better to do than to find things and twist them into something they can complain about. Surprised that Europe and Corbyn haven't been blamed for it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          But in Daily Fail Snowflake world, it's NOT FAIR (boo hoo) if a boy is allowed to wear trousers.

This paper and its worshippers have nothing better to do than to find things and twist them into something they can complain about. Surprised that Europe and Corbyn haven't been blamed for it.
          It appears in their tiny gammonflake minds to be NOT TRUE that a boy is allowed to wear trousers. They are FORCED to wear skirts.

While they are clearly pathetic individuals, it is weirdly fascinating to watch the Ignorance / Falsehood / Anger feedback loop.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It's preparing them for the discrimination they are going to face when they grow up and become a white, single, straight, healthy, employed, home owning male.
            The problem is that poorly-educated people are, rightly, discriminated against when it comes to jobs that require cognitive ability and good communications skills:
            https://fullfact.org/education/are-w...go-university/
            With all the online degrees, MOOCS etc there's really no excuse.
            Apart from that I doubt there is much racial discrimination going on (for any race), at least in the private sector.
            In my experience of having to recruit (and I always pick the best person for the job regardless of race, gender etc) I've found that the the Chinese and Indians are disproportionately represented in the ranks of people with postgraduate qualifications, which are becoming the minimum qualification in my sector.
            Last edited by sasguru; 5 June 2018, 09:28.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              No you didnt read my comment. I said if they want to be cooler they don't have another option apart from a skirt.

Regarding good practice for the world of work, well I'm wearing shorts right now. Pretty sure NLUK is wearing a summer dress!

Comment

hahha, home owning...you got me there.

Comment

Those who wish can read the school's uniform policy, as of September 2017: http://www.chilternedge.oxon.sch.uk/..._2017-2018.pdf (PDF, 59KB). They may then speculate freely as to how much of a stretch the Daily Mail story is.

FWIW, my ultra-conservative all-male public school didn't permit either shorts or skirts back in the 1970s. I don't remember the Mail being up in arms about that at the time, or anybody giving a tulip really.

Comment

S'funny but back in 2017 shorts weren't part of the school uniform either: http://www.chilternedge.oxon.sch.uk/..._2017-2018.pdf

Makes you think that the purveyors of our morals have some kind of agenda
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Gender ******* neutral school uniforms??!!. Making Trans genders feel welcome??! **** me. Worlds gone ******* mad.
                      If they just had trousers for everyone that would be gender-neutral and you wouldn't be whinging.

Nobody needs to wear shorts at school. I suppose women having the choice to wear skirts or dresses in hot weather gives them some advantage but I think all the crap women put up with, I'm prepared to concede them that one small thing.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X