• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boys forced to wear skirts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys forced to wear skirts

Oxfordshire school bans shorts in summer in favour of 'gender neutral' uniform policy | Daily Mail Online

Chiltern Edge Secondary School in Oxfordshire has banned boys from wearing shorts and insists those who don’t want to wear trousers must don a skirt.
    The move follows a trend for schools adopting gender-neutral policies to help transgender pupils feel more welcome. Many schools now say skirts and trousers can be worn by either gender. Under the Equality Act, schools have a duty to protect transgender students from discrimination.
    The introduction of the new uniform policy came after the school was branded inadequate by Ofsted.
    I'm officially triggered - mods can we please have a 'triggered' smiley?

Off to my safe space...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Why couldn't (those identifying as) girls wear shorts?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Oxfordshire school bans shorts in summer in favour of 'gender neutral' uniform policy | Daily Mail Online

I'm officially triggered - mods can we please have a 'triggered' smiley?

Off to my safe space...
      More Jog On fake news. An accurate version of the thread title would be:

Boys not forced to wear skirts
      Next up: Why President Putin is the most toned and muscular man in the world.

Comment

Boys forced to choose between trousers or skirts.

On the one hand this whole transgender agenda(!) in schools is ridiculous. On the other, the tradition that boys wear trousers and girls wear skirts is entirely artificial and arbitrary. I'm sure in many countries men wear skirt-like garments - robes, kilts, etc so no reason it shouldn't be a fashion choice. Can't we imagine kilts becoming a hipster fashion item in Shoreditch? Hardly seems that unbelievable.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Gender ******* neutral school uniforms??!!. Making Trans genders feel welcome??! **** me. Worlds gone ******* mad.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Lack of shock as Daily Mail headline found to be false
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Phew <and breath>
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So - shorts banned in the school, but boys and girls get to choose between skirts and trousers.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If boys want to wear clothing that is cooler in the summer months then the only option is to wear a skirt. So they are not being forced but they have no other option.

Comment

Must be in some hard line liberal or labour inner city borough.

Oh yes, as suspected, the last three MPs for the area were:
                    John Howell (Con) (current incumbent)
                    Boris Johnson (Con)
                    Michael Heseltine (Con)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X