• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else going to the World Cup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else going to the World Cup?

Obviously I could not wait for Scotland to qualify otherwise I would be deed a long time , On my bucket List so heading over to Russia

I could happily support NI, Ireland, Wales or Holland (worked there a long time) - but none qualified

This just really leaves England so looking for advice on how to fit in with the Mob?

I'm not brave enough to travel to Russia to watch England play. Besides the England team are average and won't get very far.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Obviously I could not wait for Scotland to qualify otherwise I would be deed a long time , On my bucket List so heading over to Russia

I could happily support NI, Ireland, Wales or Holland (worked there a long time) - but none qualified

This just really leaves England so looking for advice on how to fit in with the Mob?
      Just support whoever England are playing. Simples.

I'm Scottish too. What is this 'World Cup' of which you speak ???
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Probably not going to supporting Holland in Russia mind you...

or Italy....

Maybe you could support England?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Probably not going to supporting Holland in Russia mind you...

or Italy....

Maybe you could support England?
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Is anyone excited about the world cup? I remember taking time off to watch games and reading over the teams, this year I just don't care.

Comment

England may do better this time.
              Why?
              Because
              (1) there's no pressure
              (2) unusually they're not the most tired team this time (in terms of hours played per player in the last season)
              (3) plenty of youngsters who don't give a toss.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Looks like

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Tarbie’s account has likely been hacked.

Banned while we return it back to him.
                is going well then

Comment

I was unlucky enough to visit Russia for nearly a month, 2 years ago.

I would not recommend visiting now. The west is not an enjoyable experience. Saint Petersburg has some great sights, but there is not a good feeling about Russia now internationally and they deserve to lose money on this world cup. Just how it is still progressing is beyond comprehension.

If you must go avoid Moscow and try to visit the second tier cities and towns, as those are the most interesting. As Russia is large, the far east is worth seeing and that is the area I enjoyed the most. Given the span of the country, the diversity of food is not as you would expect, but the attitudes of the people are very diverse.

If you are planning to go simply to see the football, don't bother. Rubbish bier, expensive accommodation and questionable security services are the least of your worries. Russia is a place to visit the smaller areas of, not the big cities.

As an aside, the Russian film "Stalker" (1979) is worth watching. I watched it before visiting and thought it to be trashy. After visiting Russia it made a lot more sense and I now see why it won as many accolades as it did.
                  Last edited by rogerfederer; 5 June 2018, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Just support whoever England are playing. Simples.

I'm Scottish too. What is this 'World Cup' of which you speak ???
                    Second statement not necessary given the first.

Nice to see some Scots not living up to the English-hating stereotype

Don't worry, we love you too and fully support Scottish independence and membership of the EU

Comment

Working...
                    X