• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market fluctuations entered danger zone last week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A crash is at least a year probably more like 2 or 3 years away. The beginnings of the slowdown are there, "labor" shortages, rising oil prices, commodity prices and interest rates. Don't be surprised when it crashes if prices crash back down to where they are now.

Always make sure you have plenty of cash for more purchases when it happens.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Will this affect gene editing stocks?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        TBH I don't have many shares, well in fact I have none. But after a collapse might be a good time to start investing.
        It's an excellent time. But what if you invest before it all bottoms out?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I wouldn't wait for a collapse, I would just wait for corrections. Currently it's a bit expensive. The thing is you need to know when a share is over valued or under valued. I base my decisions on my distance learning business degree, where we were taught to analyse companies based on the annual report. I spent many hours analysing companies balance sheets and P&L. Once you have that training the stock market is a great investment. You can learn this stuff yourself or otherwise buy into funds and use timing. A constant amount each month into a fund, and money held back for the crash. My general rule is have enough cash to double your portfolio after a crash that means no more than 66% of your investment should be in the stock market during a boom.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X