• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market fluctuations entered danger zone last week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock market fluctuations entered danger zone last week

2018-06-01 The Stock Market Has Grown Unstable Since February 2018

.. Decreases in U indicate regimes of "high co-movement", a market behavior that is not the same as volatility, though market volatility can be a component of co-movement.

Applying the same analysis to stock-price data from the beginning of 2016 until now, we find that the U value for the period since 5 February is significantly lower than for the period before.

This decrease entered the "danger zone" in the last week of May, 2018.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Trump is the right man, in the right place at the right time.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So, have you sold all your holdings yet?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        So, have you sold all your holdings yet?

Nah, waiting to pile in once stocks have gone through the floor ..

Comment

So instead of selling all your holdings and then buying after the collapse, you're keeping your holdings and buying more after the collapse?

That's certainly my strategy.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

TBH I don't have many shares, well in fact I have none. But after a collapse might be a good time to start investing.

(I've bet on several house raffles though, probably two or three thousand pounds so far over the last couple of years. The odds are literally thousands of times better than the "Idiot's Tax" National Lottery, and I wonder why more people don't do it.)
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 5 June 2018, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              TBH I don't have many shares, well in fact I have none. But after a collapse might be a good time to start investing.

(I've bet on several house raffles though, probably two or three thousand pounds so far over the last couple of years. The odds are literally thousands of times better than the "Idiot's Tax" National Lottery, and I wonder why more people don't do it.)
              Talking of idiots I reckon I'm long overdue for a £1m+ win on the National Lottery. It's starting to pee me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Talking of idiots I reckon I'm long overdue for a £1m+ win on the National Lottery. It's starting to pee me off.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yep, obviously the lottery like any random event has no "memory". So each time you lose, you're back to square one.

Also, I'm a bit suspicious of those Colour and Number combos on Lotto tickets. As they are presumably generated by Camelot's computers, who's to say they are truly random and not carefully contrived so there are fewer than expected winners?!

Comment

I carefully read that paper in the link. It contains no details whatsoever, complete garbage. Was this from the Daily Mail Doom prediction team by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                    X