• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fat Women in Denial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat Women in Denial

Size 12 will now be known as size 10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44367791
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Wow, what a bunch of snowflakes. And
    As a 13-year-old, she writes, she felt "podgy and sad when I had to reach for a garment that was labelled with a number in the high teens".
    I can't imagine why anyone with a size in the high teens might feel podgy....

Comment

Another non-story.

Clothes sold in the UK will now have UK sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
        Wow, what a bunch of snowflakes. And

I can't imagine why anyone with a size in the high teens might feel podgy....
        She can lose weight but she'll never overcome the indignity of being spotted shopping in Primark.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Another non-story.

It kind of makes sense, but then sizes are always approximate. I can often get into one jean cut style but not another.
          What I find quite annoying not being fat is finding jeans that fit quite well, but the waist is a couple of inches too big, often around the back door some reason?

Comment

Another non-story.

Why can't the UK switch to EU sizes?

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
              It kind of makes sense, but then sizes are always approximate. I can often get into one jean cut style but not another.
              What I find quite annoying not being fat is finding jeans that fit quite well, but the waist is a couple of inches too big, often around the back door some reason?
              Do these jeans make my arse look big?

No love, it's the cream cakes you shove down your throat that make your arse look big!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Size 30 will now be know as MegaFat. Or MF for short.

Comment

Another non-story.

That will be a relief for schoolboys forced to wear skirts.

Comment

Another non-story.

M&S and some other UK retailers have already adjusted their sizes to lower numbers.

Have you noticed that M&S also has convex mirrors to make you look thinner?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X