• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England in the semi-final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Pizza Hut offering the commemorative Southgate paper bag yet or are they waiting till he resigns after failing to get England out of the group?

Oh for the wistful days of getting knocked out at the quarter final stage.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Ahem! Ahem! I thank you!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Ahem! Ahem! I thank you!
        Did you put your money where your mouth is and collect a wad from the bookies?

Obviously going by my earlier post I didn't believe they would get to the semi, and on reflection I was almost right. They only got there due to a favourable route after the loss to Belgium in the group, and lost to all the decent teams they were not really expected to win against on form and rankings (Belgium, Croatia, Belgium). Too reliant on set pieces that paid off in the early games, that exposed their lack of open play goals when it mattered. e.g. 1 shot on target to Croatia's 7 during the whole semi-final.

As it is they overachieved, yet now I expect the hype will be that they will win the next Euros. Let's see if they qualify first.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Did you put your money where your mouth is and collect a wad from the bookies?

Obviously going by my earlier post I didn't believe they would get to the semi, and on reflection I was almost right. They only got there due to a favourable route after the loss to Belgium in the group, and lost to all the decent teams they were not really expected to win against on form and rankings (Belgium, Croatia, Belgium). Too reliant on set pieces that paid off in the early games, that exposed their lack of open play goals when it mattered. e.g. 1 shot on target to Croatia's 7 during the whole semi-final.

As it is they overachieved, yet now I expect the hype will be that they will win the next Euros. Let's see if they qualify first.
          Not a great bettor, but yes I made a bit.
          As I said in a different thread I didn't expect ENgland to win but once they had deliberately lost to Belgium in the group stage, their path was easy(easier).
          Have to say Gareth is an excellent manager - he got the best out of of what is a very limited team.

There is a desperate need for a Paul Ince or Paul Scholes type, Jordan Henderson works hard but can't cut it at the highest level.
          Last edited by sasguru; 26 July 2018, 08:44.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
          X