• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurotunnel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    the only muttering I had for sure was the state of the M25, felt like I was driving over gravel at times. Was glad to get back on the French road,
    I take it you don't have to go via Paris on the road to Munich
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Interesting - we do keep getting a lot of inner city regeneration so Liverpool and Manchester are a lot.

But this 60's and 70's satellite towns are just grim.

Not sure what to do.
      Knock them down and start again! Actually I though Cameron appointed Mary Portas as the Czarina of town center shop reinvigoration but don't think it worked out too well...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...he-high-street
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        Take the ferry instead - much more interesting and relaxing. Giving you that extra break from what has likely been a long drive.
        And as well as the Dover - Calais ferries, there is one that goes Dover to Dunkirk (France) which is normally no more expensive than the former, and only takes an extra 30 minutes for the crossing. Useful if you are routing east rather than south.

https://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-.../dover-dunkirk

There was one that went from Ramsgate to Oostend, using antiquated ships un-refurbished from the 1980's. But they went bust.

Comment

Would not recommend the ferry. We did it on the way over and the tunnel back. We did the ferry so the girls might see the white cliffs for the first time and it was beautiful day for the crossing, that was nice. But our departure was delayed by two hours. Not the ferry company's fault, all border control. UK border control in Calais had 3 of 10 passport booths opened. I asked why? And she said they underestimated the volume of traffic coming through. I'm like, do you not check with the ferry companies how many bookings there are?!! How difficult can that be. Useless.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X