• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurotunnel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurotunnel

Control centre in Calais has just been evacuated and all trains are stopped! How do I know? Because I'm still sitting in my car in the train for the 14:16 departure. I believe the fire alarms all went off, let's hope its a false one
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Control centre in Calais has just been evacuated and all trains are stopped! How do I know? Because I'm still sitting in my car in the train for the 14:16 departure. I believe the fire alarms all went off, let's hope its a false one
    Flip. Don't tell me Teresa May has accidently pressed the emergency tunnel destruct button under her desk in Downing Street!

If so there'll be a distant bang and rumbling noises, and in a few minutes a huge wall of sea water will gush from the tunnel entrance!
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 7 June 2018, 13:22.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Flip. Don't tell me Paul Dacre has accidently pressed the emergency tunnel destruct button under his desk in Downing Street
      All part of his retirement plan. How will the government run with him stepping down?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

should have bought the flexipass - you'd be on other side by now!

Your sat there waiting in the car and UK border staff are running around with walkie talkies in hand looking as puzzled as you are. Does that sound about right?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Le Shuttle website mentions the problem as being resolved but a delay of ~1hour.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            All part of his retirement plan. How will the government run with him stepping down?
            How will CUK work without its source of factual news stories?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              What's the f**king problem, I thought you could walk on water?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Take the ferry instead - much more interesting and relaxing. Giving you that extra break from what has likely been a long drive.

Comment

Paris next weekend via ferry.

£100 cheaper and chance to have a rest from driving for a bit longer.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    should have bought the flexipass - you'd be on other side by now!

Your sat there waiting in the car and UK border staff are running around with walkie talkies in hand looking as puzzled as you are. Does that sound about right?
                    How? If already on the train? All trains were delayed regardless of having a Flexipass or not...doh!
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X