• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quite happy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite happy

My daughter bought me a set of Sony wireless headphones. My son has got me subscribed to Google play. Currently listening to Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

I'm stone cold sober and tripping.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My daughter bought me a set of Sony wireless headphones. My son has got me subscribed to Google play. Currently listening to Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

I'm stone cold sober and tripping.
    Time to chuck out your old Sony Walkman, eh Grandad?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Father's Day isn't until next week; this must be a holding present for the proper one

(well, that's what my Dad would say!)

Comment

Got various old Pink Floyd LPs, too much hassle to play 'em. Must get summit less dinosaury. CDs probably advanced enough for me.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Father's Day isn't until next week; this must be a holding present for the proper one

(well, that's what my Dad would say!)
          Holdover from my birthday. we don't bother with card manufacturer celebrations. It's kind of nie, because I'm happy to have it, but it's not something I'd buy for myself.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Continuing on the theme, I just treated myself to one of these:
            Roger Waters P-bass

I am also quite happy.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Got various old Pink Floyd LPs, too much hassle to play 'em. Must get summit less dinosaury. CDs probably advanced enough for me.
              You should find out what they're worth:
              https://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/music-...-hd_101139690?
              And that's in a charity shop
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Surrounded by a horde of Very Expensive audio equipment, none of which is connected up or been used for years.

I suspect the Garrard 301 is the most valuable due to its popularity with the Golden Eared ones.

Still gutted I can no longer obtain a proper Shure replacement stylus for the V15III.

I noticed that they're selling DSOTM lps in Morrisons.

A mere £17.

Which is cheap compared with what it cost back in the day.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You should find out what they're worth
                  Gordon Bennet! Another good reason not to play them any more.

A mere £17
                  Darn it!
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 9 June 2018, 14:01.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Continuing on the theme, I just treated myself to one of these:
                    Roger Waters P-bass

I am also quite happy.
                    and i, also am happy to report that my yamaha lekky drumkit survived the shipping and a year in storage, and is now lovingly ensconced in my garage.
                    should i change my name to joe? <for all the zappa fans out there>

Comment

Working...
                    X