• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A full and frank exchange of views?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Whatever your opinion of Trump it'd be bloody marvellous to have a leader in this country who stood up for Britain as much as he does for the US.
    He stands up for his business interests and for publicity.
    He doesn’t give two hoots about the US unless he can gain publicity or make money from it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Whatever your opinion of Trump it'd be bloody marvellous to have a leader in this country who stood up for Britain as much as he does for the US.
      BoJo for PM!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Does he have a point though? Does the US have bad trade deals and is on the unfair end of tariffs? I’ve never looked into US and tariffs so genuinely asking.
        No, not really. The average trade-weighted tariffs imposed by the US are slightly lower than those imposed by the EU CU, but the differences are really small. There are bigger differences for specific categories of goods, obviously, but the trade-weighted average is what matters. Trump doesn’t command even a basic understanding of trade. For example, he doesn’t understand the difference between VAT and tariffs. He also talks about a no tariff agreement between the G7 as if that were compatible with WTO.

Comment

The time has come for the G6 to help Mexico and Canada build border walls and then to impose blanket 100% tariffs on all American goods. That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The time has come for the G6 to help Mexico and Canada build border walls and then to impose blanket 100% tariffs on all American goods. That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

Sure, if you’re invested in assets that benefit from a 2008-style meltdown.

Comment

Comment

This was just the warm up, next we have the Trump / Kim meeting. Where's that World War 3 thread ...

Hopefully it will be like when the US president met the Russian leader:

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  the body language speaks volumes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44426442

Trumpet in petulant adolescent mode??
                  Actually that looks like an old Boss's "stop talking tulip" face. At that point you either came to a good point quickly or got in trouble.

Like him or not he is our best hope. (And Iran's , South & North Korea etc.)
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dear Sky Fairy, the last best hope of what?

WWIII?

The clown is so dense they could make fishing weights out of him.

Damn.

Now there's a good idea.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Canada stabs the US in the back

Canada to go to "war" with the US

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X