• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A full and frank exchange of views?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump announces new group. The G1.

Comment

So Trump either intentionally (if Putin really does have him in his pocket over something dodgy) or unintentionally (if he really is the idiot portrayed by himself on Twitter) will cause NATO to collapse, allowing Russia to take a bit more than the Crimea.

Full blown trade war in the meantime causes chaos in the west, further adding to the issues that threaten the existence of the EU.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Does he have a point though? Does the US have bad trade deals and is on the unfair end of tariffs? I’ve never looked into US and tariffs so genuinely asking.
        I think with the milk thing he's moaning about with Canada the US gov gives huge subsidies to US farmers to produce milk - they try to sell it to Canada and Canada adds a tariff to level up the playing field for their farmers. Trump reports one side of the argument. Not an expert though and I could be wrong.
        Last edited by radish2008; 11 June 2018, 12:22. Reason: spelling

Comment

Every country has it's own sectors it protects all part of agreed WTO rules. The US has a trade surplus with Canada, just goes to show there's no point in negotiating with him, just prepare for a trade war and wait for him to be impeached.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The guy is a 'business man' and so anything but making money for himself is an alien concept.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              I think with the milk thing he's moaning about with Canada the US gov gives huge subsidies to US farmers to produce milk - they try to sell it to Canada and Canada adds a tariff to level up the playing field frothier farmers. Trump reports one side of the argument. Not an expert though and I could be wrong.
              From what I understand America produces too much milk, as did Canada some time ago. Canada however managed production whilst the US kept on producing a surplus.

The US is about to learn a very hard lesson and it'll cost the ordinary folks the most. Quality matters more than volume. Imagine if folks around the world started boycotting US goods? Trump would implode blaming everyone but himself.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                The guy is a 'business man' and so anything but making money for himself is an alien concept.
                Then he's a shockingly poor business man. A year ago private eye did a good report on Trump's businesses. If he had left the loan from his father in the bank he'd actually be a richer man today. Really not the *business man* you want in the top job.

Something else that's getting no attention whatsoever is US government spending which has increased a lot under Trump. Yet he criticised Obama for the spending levels.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  ... and wait for him to be impeached.

I don't think this is going to happen anymore, dirt has been found on just about anybody involved with anything that could get him impeached. Not because he's evil but because almost everyone in Washinton is bent.

Probably best if we all find very absorbing hobbies for the next three years (or seven if you are a pessimist).

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Then he's a shockingly poor business man. A year ago private eye did a good report on Trump's businesses. If he had left the loan from his father in the bank he'd actually be a richer man today. Really not the *business man* you want in the top job.

Something else that's getting no attention whatsoever is US government spending which has increased a lot under Trump. Yet he criticised Obama for the spending levels.
                    I did not say he was a good one!

But he is reminiscent of many people I have met over the course of my career...

ra ra ra lets do loads of sales and make loads of money - - fine idea - how are you going to do that? dunno but if we all do loads of work and get pissed it will work - ra ra ra.

Generally they are fookin pricks.

Comment

Same event, different angles. Take what you will from them...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44426442

Comment

Working...
                      X