• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who will win the World Cup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Scotland aren’t on the list either.
    even if they were, - WGAF?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      even if they were, - WGAF?
      Not me.

Wales aren’t on the list.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Scotland aren’t on the list either.
        Same answer applies. That always seems to be the English answer to them being tulip at football. 'Scotland are worse'. Well, breaking news......we already know that and accept it. You should really do the same.

If you look at it with a bit of objectivity, Scottish football went down the crapper in the late 70's which coincided with the start of the import of more foreign players into the league. If you have a 10 or 12 team league, where half of the players in it are foreign, then you are trying to compete on the international stage with a pool of 60 or 70 players playing in the country's top league. Exactly the same thing has happened in England and, internationally, they are on a long slow decline which will only get worse.

Sky money can be a curse as well as a blessing.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

8 on his list, 3 so far on mine, 198 more teams not on the list.

Do I look like I GAFF?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            If you look at it with a bit of objectivity, Scottish football went down the crapper in the late 70's which coincided with the start of the import of more foreign players into the league. If you have a 10 or 12 team league, where half of the players in it are foreign, then you are trying to compete on the international stage with a pool of 60 or 70 players playing in the country's top league. Exactly the same thing has happened in England and, internationally, they are on a long slow decline which will only get worse.
            It’s also true for English club rugby. They sold out, unlike the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Now the English international game is based around foreign players, because the clubs are too focused on money and not building up local players to international standards.

Comment

England aren't on the list.
              Its very likely the winner will be a seed.

I suppose unlikelier things have happened. Like you finding a partner to share your seed with.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                Its very likely the winner will be a seed.
                No, it will be a bunch of overpaid prima donnas. Do you know how much money per week the UK public pays to support foreign tax dodging footballers? Want me to write it on the side of a bus?

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                I suppose unlikelier things have happened. Like you finding a partner to share your seed with.
                Your partner doesn't seem to mind.

Comment

No, it will be a bunch of overpaid prima donnas. Do you know how much money per week the UK public pays to support foreign tax dodging footballers? Want me to write it on the side of a bus?
                  The UK is a mob kept is place by cheap booze and football.

Your partner doesn't seem to mind.
                  Mr GM is in big trouble.

Comment

It’s also true for English club rugby. They sold out, unlike the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Now the English international game is based around foreign players, because the clubs are too focused on money and not building up local players to international standards.
                    The solution is to change national team participation to be the country the player currently plays in not their citizenship.

England would walk the world cup then.

I wonder if Bale would still stay in Spain rather than come to England. At least either way he'd have more chance of getting to go to a world cup than persevering with Wales. Surely we want to see the best players at such a tournament, it's discrimination if they're born in a country with a crap national team.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Same answer applies. That always seems to be the English answer to them being tulip at football. 'Scotland are worse'. Well, breaking news......we already know that and accept it. You should really do the same.

Sky money can be a curse as well as a blessing.
                      We're fed up of our press hyping us up; we know we've got that 4% chance that was quoted in some research or something last week but the press seem to have stuck a 0 after it. No world class keeper, no world class playmaker and a lack of leaders. We'll go out in the last eight.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X