Who will win the World Cup? Who will win the World Cup? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who will win the World Cup?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • France

4 12.90%
  • Germany

6 19.35%
  • Brazil

6 19.35%
  • Portugal

2 6.45%
  • Argentina

2 6.45%
  • Belgium

2 6.45%
  • Poland

0 0%
  • Russia

0 0%
  • I scored with Andyw's mum as part of a team of 11

9 29.03%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 36

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Scotland aren’t on the list either.
    even if they were, - WGAF?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    even if they were, - WGAF?
    Not me.

Wales aren’t on the list.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Scotland aren’t on the list either.
    Same answer applies. That always seems to be the English answer to them being tulip at football. 'Scotland are worse'. Well, breaking news......we already know that and accept it. You should really do the same.

If you look at it with a bit of objectivity, Scottish football went down the crapper in the late 70's which coincided with the start of the import of more foreign players into the league. If you have a 10 or 12 team league, where half of the players in it are foreign, then you are trying to compete on the international stage with a pool of 60 or 70 players playing in the country's top league. Exactly the same thing has happened in England and, internationally, they are on a long slow decline which will only get worse.

Sky money can be a curse as well as a blessing.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

WTFH is always on top

8 on his list, 3 so far on mine, 198 more teams not on the list.

Do I look like I GAFF?

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    If you look at it with a bit of objectivity, Scottish football went down the crapper in the late 70's which coincided with the start of the import of more foreign players into the league. If you have a 10 or 12 team league, where half of the players in it are foreign, then you are trying to compete on the international stage with a pool of 60 or 70 players playing in the country's top league. Exactly the same thing has happened in England and, internationally, they are on a long slow decline which will only get worse.
    It’s also true for English club rugby. They sold out, unlike the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Now the English international game is based around foreign players, because the clubs are too focused on money and not building up local players to international standards.

Contractor Among Contractors

GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced

England aren't on the list.
    Its very likely the winner will be a seed.

I suppose unlikelier things have happened. Like you finding a partner to share your seed with.

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Its very likely the winner will be a seed.
    No, it will be a bunch of overpaid prima donnas. Do you know how much money per week the UK public pays to support foreign tax dodging footballers? Want me to write it on the side of a bus?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMirror View Post
    I suppose unlikelier things have happened. Like you finding a partner to share your seed with.
    Your partner doesn't seem to mind.

Contractor Among Contractors

GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced

No, it will be a bunch of overpaid prima donnas. Do you know how much money per week the UK public pays to support foreign tax dodging footballers? Want me to write it on the side of a bus?
    The UK is a mob kept is place by cheap booze and football.

Your partner doesn't seem to mind.
    Mr GM is in big trouble.

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

It’s also true for English club rugby. They sold out, unlike the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Now the English international game is based around foreign players, because the clubs are too focused on money and not building up local players to international standards.
    The solution is to change national team participation to be the country the player currently plays in not their citizenship.

England would walk the world cup then.

I wonder if Bale would still stay in Spain rather than come to England. At least either way he'd have more chance of getting to go to a world cup than persevering with Wales. Surely we want to see the best players at such a tournament, it's discrimination if they're born in a country with a crap national team.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Same answer applies. That always seems to be the English answer to them being tulip at football. 'Scotland are worse'. Well, breaking news......we already know that and accept it. You should really do the same.

Sky money can be a curse as well as a blessing.
    We're fed up of our press hyping us up; we know we've got that 4% chance that was quoted in some research or something last week but the press seem to have stuck a 0 after it. No world class keeper, no world class playmaker and a lack of leaders. We'll go out in the last eight.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist