• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Performance review FFS!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance review FFS!!!

My Ltd is a business providing services to another company.
    My immediate contact at the client understands this b2b relationship - I work from my own office, on my own equipment, in my own hours etc.
    Now an annual review time comes and a someone holding the purse requests that I do the review.
    I explained that it's a b2b relationship and that didn't go too well and I don't feel the need to sour an otherwise successful relationship over this. There's also the fact the such a review is almost guaranteed in an increase in the daily rate so it's almost a no brainer.
    My only concern is that this becomes more of my personal review rather than the services of a company.
    Any thought on how to handle that? Perhaps I should use my company name in the review etc?

Is YourCo providing HR services to ClientCo?

If not, tell them to do one, as HR isn't part of the services offered, which is reflected in the contract you both signed.

If you accept, that's a pretty strong pointer to you being part and parcel of ClientCo.

More generally, why the feck would you want to get involved? The answer is that you wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      More generally, why the feck would you want to get involved? The answer is that you wouldn't.
      I kind of want to get involved as this will most likely result in my rate being revised upwards by a few percent.
      I think people and companies do much worse things than provide feedback. If I'm getting paid for it, and to an extent I get to choose, why the heck not?

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
        I kind of want to get involved as this will most likely result in my rate being revised upwards by a few percent.
        I think people and companies do much worse things than provide feedback. If I'm getting paid for it, and to an extent I get to choose, why the heck not?
        There are surely better ways to get a rate rise. It's not in your contract to do HR (I assume), and HR isn't something that you should want to get involved with. It doesn't sound like informal feedback, anyway, it sounds like a performance review (), which will need to follow ClientCo HR procedures. Right?

Why the heck not? At the very least, it points to you being part and parcel of ClientCo, which could be a problem if you're treating this contract as outside IR35. But I don't think you need IR35 to establish that it isn't a good idea to get personally involved with giving permie staff gold stars or brown stars. Informal feedback, no problem. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          There are surely better ways to get a rate rise. It's not in your contract to do HR (I assume), and HR isn't something that you should want to get involved with. It doesn't sound like informal feedback, anyway, it sounds like a performance review (), which will need to follow ClientCo HR procedures. Right?

Why the heck not? At the very least, it points to you being part and parcel of ClientCo, which could be a problem if you're treating this contract as outside IR35. But I don't think you need IR35 to establish that it isn't a good idea to get personally involved with giving permie staff gold stars or brown stars. Informal feedback, no problem. IMHO.
          I read it that client wishes to review OP (or the quality of the services the representative of OP's business provides).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I read it that client wishes to review OP (or the quality of the services the representative of OP's business provides).
            Yeah this.

Back in the day we would be a 'service review' with suppliers which amounted to measuring the service they have provided against the agreed criteria in the contract.

So I see no reason why you would not do it - but make it clear that it is the business which is being reviewed.

If they want to change anything then thats fine the contract can be renegotiated to reflect the changes.

If they try and give you personally some 'goals' then run a mile.

Comment

Ask them to use the term Supplier Review in communication and on the paperwork, have the review and happy days. Nice bit of evidence to show you are a supplier not an employee as well. Sorted.

If your client doesn't understand or appreciate you are in a B2B situation I'd say your relationship is pretty sour already. They are putting you inside IR35. I wouldn't call that a successful situation.

Why would this increase your rate? Because anything over good gets a pay rise in line with inflation... Like the permies get?? Honestly.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 13 June 2018, 06:36.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                If your attitude to it is why the heck not why all the drama in the title?

I call another made up story and you're trolling.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Use the meeting to advise them of your modest increase in rates.

Comment

As a disguised employee do you think it's wise to publicly broadcast your tax avoiding schemes?!
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X