• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking: Pimlico Plumbers loses Supreme Court appeal....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    ...and don't vote Labour often enough.
    It's been a Tory government for nearly a decade in case you hadn't noticed.
    But thanks for proving my point about the lack of logic of indigenous workers
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      The game changer for many contractors, possibly most, would be that as an employee they will no longer be able to claim travel & accommodation expenses!

Rates would have to rise massively to, um, accommodate that.
      And accountancy costs, that £1500 a year or so would be a far bigger chunk if it were paid on taxed income.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Overseas workers, cheap or not, are brought in because indigenous workers like you are useless.

HTH, BIDI.
        Is that why you fooked off to live overseas? Because you can't cut it here? Let's face it, you can't cut it here...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          And accountancy costs, that £1500 a year or so would be a far bigger chunk if it were paid on taxed income.
          Why would you pay for the accountancy costs of running a ltd if you were PAYE?
          Last edited by Pondlife; 13 June 2018, 20:01.

Comment

It's been a Tory government for nearly a decade in case you hadn't noticed.
            But thanks for proving my point about the lack of logic of indigenous workers
            There is nothing conservative about the Conservatives. The country is run by the civil service now and they are overwhelmingly left wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Why would you pay for the accountancy costs of running a ltd if you were PAYE?
              Now now, pondy. You already know the answer to that one.

Comment

Overseas workers, cheap or not, are brought in because indigenous workers like you are useless.

HTH, BIDI.
                Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Is that why you fooked off to live overseas? Because you can't cut it here? Let's face it, you can't cut it here...
                Sasguru postulates that workers from foreignland are brought in because local workers are useless. This implies that working in foreignland requires a higher level of ability than working in the UK. Conversely, the bringing of people from foreignland implies that foreigners find the work in the UK more facile than in their home country. As a corollary, if some can't cut it in the UK, then they'll be unable to cut it in foreignland either, so your point is refuted.

Your inability to construct simple logical arguments unfortunately gives a data point in favour of sasguru's hypothesis.

Personally, I think it's garbage, but I do think you lack the ability to think critically. But don't feel bad, you've many bedfellows in this regard.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Sasguru postulates that workers from foreignland are brought in because local workers are useless. ...

Personally, I think it's garbage, but I do think you lack the ability to think critically. But don't feel bad, you've many bedfellows in this regard.
                  My apologies, I should have said "...many local workers are useless ...", not "...local workers are useless ..."
                  If you're on this forum a lot, it does seem that the cretinocracy is everywhere, but I should have realised this is a biased sample.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    There is nothing conservative about the Conservatives. The country is run by the civil service now and they are overwhelmingly left wing.
                    Have you ever considered that your lack of success in life might be down to your own (lack of) personal qualities, rather than some conspiracy?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Have you ever considered that your lack of success in life might be down to your own (lack of) personal qualities, rather than some conspiracy?
                      Almost certainly not.

Comment

Working...
                      X