Trump signs order to impoverish his supporters Trump signs order to impoverish his supporters - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    OK China has responded:

    China threatens retaliation

    So to sum up, in the US workers earn more and consume more than anywhere else and now they want a trade war to even things up.

    I imagine the US wants a trade war to try and force China to open its markets.

  2. #12

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I imagine the US wants a trade war to try and force China to open its markets.
    ...and when China opens up it's markets will they buy from the US.

    Do you think they'll all be driving around in Chryslers ?

    I'm alright Jack

  3. #13

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ...and when China opens up it's markets will they buy from the US.

    Do you think they'll all be driving around in Chryslers ?

    Nope cos American products are crap.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #14

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nope cos American products are crap.
    And that's the crux of the matter. If the Anglo-Saxon economies stopped their over-reliance on financial manipulation (which led to the great recession of the last few years) and started making excellent stuff that people wanted to buy, like Germany does, perhaps they could have trade surpluses too.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  5. #15

    More fingers than teeth

    greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

    greenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nope cos American products are crap.
    Nah, that's simply not true....


  6. #16

    Fingers like lightning

    TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

    TwoWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    The list is quite long but his decline into anger is obvious

    Bitterness caused by calling the wrong result of the Brexit vote, compounded by having to become an economic migrant to Belgium after Germany rejected his overtures

    It can only get worse

    HTH
    Christ, Belgium!

  7. #17

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    The list is quite long but his decline into anger is obvious

    Bitterness caused by calling the wrong result of the Brexit vote, compounded by having to become an economic migrant to Belgium after Germany rejected his overtures

    It can only get worse

    HTH
    I had no idea the Belgians had become so desperate...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    The list is quite long but his decline into anger is obvious

    Bitterness caused by calling the wrong result of the Brexit vote, compounded by having to become an economic migrant to Belgium after Germany rejected his overtures

    It can only get worse

    HTH
    Sadly so, and even scooter manages to thrive in Germany
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  9. #19

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ...and when China opens up it's markets will they buy from the US.

    Do you think they'll all be driving around in Chryslers ?

    Not everything is about cars. America has big wide roads and cheap fuel, so they don’t have the same drivers for producing small cars.

    However, the us produces a vast amount of quality products and services.

    China makes it incredibly difficult to sell in China and the Chinese often steal US developed products and sell as their own.

  10. #20

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    And that's the crux of the matter. If the Anglo-Saxon economies stopped their over-reliance on financial manipulation (which led to the great recession of the last few years) and started making excellent stuff that people wanted to buy, like Germany does, perhaps they could have trade surpluses too.
    Nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •