• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump signs order to impoverish his supporters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Not everything is about cars. America has big wide roads and cheap fuel, so they don’t have the same drivers for producing small cars.

However, the us produces a vast amount of quality products and services.

China makes it incredibly difficult to sell in China and the Chinese often steal US developed products and sell as their own.
    Indeed, everyone thinks car manufacturing is the ultimate global export product. It is not.

Trump is turning the USA into a global hyper-power. China are fooked.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Indeed, everyone thinks car manufacturing is the ultimate global export product. It is not.

Trump is turning the USA into a global hyper-power. China are fooked.
      Exactly, the ultimate global export is putting a man on the moon. I for one can’t wait for that momentous day, just hope it happens in my lifetime.

Comment

Not everything is about cars. America has big wide roads and cheap fuel, so they don’t have the same drivers for producing small cars.

However, the us produces a vast amount of quality products and services.

China makes it incredibly difficult to sell in China and the Chinese often steal US developed products and sell as their own.
        I think you will find the USA are the main thieves when it comes to copyright...
        Monsanto and Edison immediately spring to mind...
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I think you will find the USA are the main thieves when it comes to copyright...
          Monsanto and Edison immediately spring to mind...
          Good point and well made.

Comment

China to match US trade sanctions blow for blow

China playing hard ball. Should be good for European exports.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              The list is quite long but his decline into anger is obvious

Bitterness caused by calling the wrong result of the Brexit vote, compounded by having to become an economic migrant to Belgium after Germany rejected his overtures

It can only get worse

HTH
              How is your bottom-feeder contracting career progressing? Stayed at any lovely B&B's recently?
              Mind you there might come a time, post brexit, when you might look at your itinerant-gyppo jobbing journeyman past with nostalgia.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Exactly, the ultimate global export is putting a man on the moon. I for one can’t wait for that momentous day, just hope it happens in my lifetime.
                With luck, we will reach the day when we can put a man the size of MF on the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  We know that. But American cars are symptomatic of their malaise. They can't build a single decent one.

Just like their fighter jets. Guess what though, the UK has agreed to spend billions to buy this crap:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...trike-fighter/
                  https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...a21957/wtf-35/
                  Last edited by sasguru; 18 June 2018, 10:58.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    We know that. But American cars are symptomatic of their malaise. They can't build a single decent one.

Just like their fighter jets. Guess what though, the UK has agreed to spend billions to buy this crap:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...trike-fighter/
                    https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...a21957/wtf-35/
                    They have different ideas on what makes a good car. They don't have the same small, bendy roads that we have. And their fuel costs are still lower than ours. So larger, more comfortable cars that don't handle particularly well are fine over there.

The f-35 has had issues but also many people like it and prefer it's stealthy approach. It's good that it can also take off from our carriers.

America has issues but I don't think you can just come out with big statements like general malaise without backing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      With luck, we will reach the day when we can put a man the size of MF on the moon.
                      It might be easier if we can move the moon so it can land on MF.

Comment

Working...
                      X