• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone game for it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone game for it?

Minnow Films | SAS: Who Dares Wins - Series 4

My wife wanted to apply to the 'Special Forces are you tough enough?' one a year or two ago. I would imagine she will probably be up for this one too!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Nah, not if it turns you into Bear Grylls who would sooner drink his own piss than wait to get served down the pub.

Besides, I've just grazed my arm mountain biking on a local common used for Royal Marine training. Stings a bit. Fortunately no marines about today to see me 'fail selection'. You can tell when they're about, hiding in the camo gear, as all the dogs being walked give them away.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Having grown up in the north west coast of Scotland this programme always gives me laugh.

I recall walking 8-9 miles out of Oban back to the house in driving rain with nothing but a t-shirt on the top half at 2am. Wasn't even a full moon, typical.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Aye, originating from the North of England I often walked home after a night out in the big town four-ish miles away.

One New Year's Eve it was snowing heavily and by time I was nearing home I looked like a Yeti. Plod car came past on the main road very slowly and they gave me a look of 'are you bonkers?'. Nope I think it's totally sane to risk hypothermia when the taxis take the piss charging double.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Nah, not if it turns you into Bear Grylls who would sooner drink his own piss than wait to get served down the pub.
          I will never understand why, if he is such an expert at being prepared for anything, he never takes some sandwiches with him.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I will never understand why, if he is such an expert at being prepared for anything, he never takes some sandwiches with him.
            And a butler.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              The film crew carry his picnic hamper.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Having grown up in the north west coast of Scotland this programme always gives me laugh.

I recall walking 8-9 miles out of Oban back to the house in driving rain with nothing but a t-shirt on the top half at 2am. Wasn't even a full moon, typical.
                A mental toughness that has allowed you to grin and bear even the worst airport hotels.

Comment

You have to be under 45 to apply for the show and have no mental health issues - that counts most of us on here out, on one if not both of these criteria...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Besides, I've just grazed my arm mountain biking on a local common used for Royal Marine training. Stings a bit. Fortunately no marines about today to see me 'fail selection'. You can tell when they're about, hiding in the camo gear, as all the dogs being walked give them away.
                    You based down in Braunton? I was there for the day a couple of weeks ago, and happened to see some of the old kit being used for Devon D-Day 2018 on Saunton Sands. Actually I was stuck behind a tank for a couple of miles trundling down a single-lane country road, and God the exhaust fumes and mud being kicked up from the verge were appalling!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X