Anyone game for it? Anyone game for it?
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Super poster

MyUserName is NOT a disguised employee

Default Anyone game for it?

Minnow Films | SAS: Who Dares Wins - Series 4

My wife wanted to apply to the 'Special Forces are you tough enough?' one a year or two ago. I would imagine she will probably be up for this one too!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Nah, not if it turns you into Bear Grylls who would sooner drink his own piss than wait to get served down the pub.

Besides, I've just grazed my arm mountain biking on a local common used for Royal Marine training. Stings a bit. Fortunately no marines about today to see me 'fail selection'. You can tell when they're about, hiding in the camo gear, as all the dogs being walked give them away.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Having grown up in the north west coast of Scotland this programme always gives me laugh.

I recall walking 8-9 miles out of Oban back to the house in driving rain with nothing but a t-shirt on the top half at 2am. Wasn't even a full moon, typical.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Aye, originating from the North of England I often walked home after a night out in the big town four-ish miles away.

One New Year's Eve it was snowing heavily and by time I was nearing home I looked like a Yeti. Plod car came past on the main road very slowly and they gave me a look of 'are you bonkers?'. Nope I think it's totally sane to risk hypothermia when the taxis take the piss charging double.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Super poster

MyUserName is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Nah, not if it turns you into Bear Grylls who would sooner drink his own piss than wait to get served down the pub.
    I will never understand why, if he is such an expert at being prepared for anything, he never takes some sandwiches with him.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MyUserName View Post
    I will never understand why, if he is such an expert at being prepared for anything, he never takes some sandwiches with him.
    And a butler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Contractor Among Contractors

tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by MyUserName View Post
    The film crew carry his picnic hamper.

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Having grown up in the north west coast of Scotland this programme always gives me laugh.

I recall walking 8-9 miles out of Oban back to the house in driving rain with nothing but a t-shirt on the top half at 2am. Wasn't even a full moon, typical.
    A mental toughness that has allowed you to grin and bear even the worst airport hotels.

Super poster

kaiser78 is NOT a disguised employee

You have to be under 45 to apply for the show and have no mental health issues - that counts most of us on here out, on one if not both of these criteria...

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post

Besides, I've just grazed my arm mountain biking on a local common used for Royal Marine training. Stings a bit. Fortunately no marines about today to see me 'fail selection'. You can tell when they're about, hiding in the camo gear, as all the dogs being walked give them away.
    You based down in Braunton? I was there for the day a couple of weeks ago, and happened to see some of the old kit being used for Devon D-Day 2018 on Saunton Sands. Actually I was stuck behind a tank for a couple of miles trundling down a single-lane country road, and God the exhaust fumes and mud being kicked up from the verge were appalling!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here