• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DisneyLand Paris - now thats a "different" experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    What's your expert opinion on the balance of carrot versus stick vis-à-vis the treatment of benefits cheats in France?
    Ah last time I claimed benefits (this was about 5 years ago mind) I went to Florida not Paris though.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Ah last time I claimed benefits (this was about 5 years ago mind) I went to Florida not Paris though.
      Are you using your brother-in-law's details again?

Comment

I do, but I believe you can't judge a corporation by 1 employee that you had a bad experience with. Before I decided to go, I asked my friends and they gave me a positive feedback. I just want to mention that they are French and I am not. Perhaps, there was a cultural conflict that affected my situation. I believe you have to understand cultural differences and not judge before taking it into account. I never said customers feedback is not relevant when deciding to go somewhere, but just not to let your opinion be affected by others, especially if there are so many other factors involved. Experience is the best way to form your opinion, that's why I didn't want to bash them.

Comment

I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the screw is being turned on Welsh benefits cheats and they are now downgrading their expectations w/r to how they spend their ill-gotten gains. Paris is, indeed, quite a climbdown from FL.

Comment

Originally posted by pink View Post
            I do, but I believe you can't judge a corporation by 1 employee that you had a bad experience with.
            I don't know how tailored is the park for wheelchair users are, but I had a very poor experience with customers service. I hope you don't have any problems while being there because the staff won't be very helpful. At least in our case
            You mentioned the park as a whole, customer services as a whole and staff in plural. Now you are talking about 1 employee? You original comment didn't mention that.

I just want to mention that they are French and I am not.
            Portuguese per chance?
            Perhaps, there was a cultural conflict that affected my situation. I believe you have to understand cultural differences and not judge before taking it into account.
            But didn't you just point out the differences in your culture being a possible problem in the line above?

I never said customers feedback is not relevant when deciding to go somewhere, but just not to let your opinion be affected by others, especially if there are so many other factors involved. Experience is the best way to form your opinion, that's why I didn't want to bash them.
            So why did you wade in with your very sweeping poor feedback?

Welcome back....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the screw is being turned on Welsh benefits cheats and they are now downgrading their expectations w/r to how they spend their ill-gotten gains. Paris is, indeed, quite a climbdown from FL.
              Next year the PC family are bunking down for a long weekend on scooter's hotel room floor at the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Next year the PC family are bunking down for a long weekend on scooter's hotel room floor at the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow.
                PC will ghostwrite the complaint.

Comment

PC will ghostwrite the complaint.
                  He's top and tailing with darren_test to give the car park a whirl.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    He's top and tailing with darren_test to give the car park a whirl.
                    suity can project manage it from local incident to existential crisis.

Comment

Without being rude to our gallic friends, the attitudes seem a little strange. Taking someone in a wheelchair (my MIL) is somewhat tricky because of this.
                      Staff or guests? Having had in excess of 75 days at Disneyland Paris over the years with a disabled child in tow I've rarely found anything tricky with the staff - go to City Hall, get disabled pass, go on ride. I can't think of any that aren't wheelchair accessible (including Autopia).

And its flipping miles to drive to!
                      It's fewer miles and easier to drive to than Florida, and is significantly cheaper to take a family to than the USA. Of course you could go by train direct to the resort, or fly to Paris and get the bus or train, which would result in a shorter drive.
                      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
                      X