• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DisneyLand Paris - now thats a "different" experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DisneyLand Paris - now thats a "different" experience

For those of you who've done Florida and Paris - lets just say it is "slightly" different.

Without being rude to our gallic friends, the attitudes seem a little strange. Taking someone in a wheelchair (my MIL) is somewhat tricky because of this.

And its flipping miles to drive to!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    For those of you who've done Florida and Paris - lets just say it is "slightly" different.

Without being rude to our gallic friends, the attitudes seem a little strange. Taking someone in a wheelchair (my MIL) is somewhat tricky because of this.

And its flipping miles to drive to!
    You were quick in there with the new rules for taking holidays while on Universal Credit.

Comment

The most disappointing thing about DL Paris I found when I last went was that the food was terrible.

Not sure about wheelchair access being a problem.....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You were quick in there with the new rules for taking holidays while on Universal Credit.
        Didn't think of that. To clarify what OG is on about - if you claim benefits you can continue to claim if on holiday in the EU but not in Florida.

If you tell the truth about where you're going that is.

Apparently, was originally due to the idea that if the jobcentre find you a job as trolley stacker in tesco you can cut short you're holiday in europe but not in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          The most disappointing thing about DL Paris I found when I last went was that the food was terrible.

Not sure about wheelchair access being a problem.....
          Yes food awful and expensive. 5E pretty much for a coke which is a bit much.

Comment

Did you take MIL to Florida for a direct comparison?

I'd expect it to be better in the States. They are much better at service than we, and particularly the French are. Bit naieve to assume the same set up will be the same experience on two different continents IMO.

Edit : Oh yeah.. And WGAS.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              For those of you who've done Florida and Paris - lets just say it is "slightly" different.!
              Surely it's for those who haven't done Florida and Paris. Those that have would know?

Comment

What's your expert opinion on the balance of carrot versus stick vis-à-vis the treatment of benefits cheats in France?

Comment

I'd rather chop off my cock than go to either.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                    One would rather chop off Ones man servant than go to either.
                    FTFY

P.S. I was watching you on The Crown on Netflix last night you little tinker you.

Comment

Working...
                    X