• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving personal details to an agency leads to slanging match.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Absolutely not.
    Are you sure you've not given them a hair sample?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You posted a link about fingerprint scanning in the US for employees clocking in and out, not anything relevant to how agencies requesting to view a passport so as to ascertain identity and right to work in the UK, might lead to their requesting DNA samples.
      My point was that biometrics data is already expected to allow people to work in some places. I was merely pointing out that ever more onerous requirements appear to be a trend and I expect the data slurping to worsen over time. I don't expect to see any solid evidence until it happens as it'll be something that a private business just decides to do sooner or later. Maybe one of the Indian outsourcing companies first, to keep track of their workers? I don't want extensive biometrics data becoming collected as standard practise and I can see others on here are likeminded.

It is probably worth me pointing out that I'm happy to provide a copy of my passport to a bona fide company because basic proof of ID strikes me as a sensible and reasonable step irrespective of legal requirements - always doing the bare minimum isn't the way that I do business and so it'd be difficult to see why others wouldn't be similar.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Maybe that's why MF is going bald - too many hair samples
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Maybe that's why MF is going bald - too many hair samples
          No, that's in the same way that babies wear out a patch on the back of their head before they're strong enough to lift it up.

Comment

That's a bit below the belt... Kinda similar to my hair situation thinking about it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              How many consultants does YourCo have at its disposal?
              Irrelevant.

Will it be just you going on site?
              Irrelevant.

Are they setting up a network account for BillyBiro or YourCo?
              For the kind of work I do, they don't set up any network accounts for me or my Ltd. at all. If anything, they'll temporarily "link" my BitBucket/GitHub/GitLab/OpenID/OAuth etc. account to their organisation account on the same platform. The account remains mine (created, owned and entirely controlled by me) but the temporary linkage allows me to access and contribute to their repositories. AKA Federated access. Moreover, for some of my gigs, I've never even set foot on the client's site at all. Some of the clients I've worked for don't even have a site - they're a fully virtual/remote company.

I've contracted in construction, media, automotive, banking, other financial services, internet and other industries. They've all been pretty keen on knowing who was having access to their network and the information contained therein. You carry on telling them no, though. Lead on Citizen Smith
              Ok, you've convinced me. Seeing as it makes them feel better (yet proves nothing), I'll show my "ID" to any agent or client that asks from now on:

Last edited by billybiro; 20 June 2018, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                Irrelevant.
                Yes, if you are just sharing cat videos with friends, most security checks are, as you put it, irrelevant.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Probably left a pube on the toilet seat

Comment

Personally, I find agents ask for all sorts of stupid info.

My take - if its not too much hassle for me then no problem - not going to lose a gig over it.
                    In fact, if agent wants to see my c@ck then here it is - now are we good to go? (never happened mind just in case you were wondering)

While we're on the subject - anyone want to see it ?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Personally, I find agents ask for all sorts of stupid info.

My take - if its not too much hassle for me then no problem - not going to lose a gig over it.
                      In fact, if agent wants to see my c@ck then here it is - now are we good to go? (never happened mind just in case you were wondering)

While we're on the subject - anyone want to see it ?
                      We see a cock everytime your name appears on the forum. HTH.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X