• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AIBU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Make up your own words. Then you can insult people without them knowing. You're all a bunch of Ritseiking Flubids!
    That's how "wankpuffin" came about. Well, it was to do with musician Nick Harvey being bored on Christmas night a couple of years ago and trying to wind up BT on Twitter, but definitely original

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      It is such an archaic clinical term, like idiot and moron that these connotations are lost, regardless of etymology.
      Etymology is the wrong word. Previous meanings is more accurate.

Comment

total mince!

Agree to not liking the word cretin. Every time AssGuru uses it, people get confused thinking he is talking about himself. I do like the use of the word Muppet however.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

But cretinism still affects many people in the world, although is rare in developed countries that have prenatal screening.

There was never AFAIK a disease called idiocy, or moronity. I'm good with those terms!

Comment

You utter homophone.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              But cretinism still affects many people in the world, although is rare in developed countries that have prenatal screening.

There was never AFAIK a disease called idiocy, or moronity. I'm good with those terms!
              Not diseases but still clinical terms not so many years ago.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...ensive-history

It can be quite the rabbit hole.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                There was never AFAIK a disease called idiocy, or moronity.
                Tell that to sas's clinician.

Comment

Especially for dotards.

Comment

Forcing some narrowminded and uninformed individuals to construct lucid and compelling counterarguments could, in fact, be very dangerous to their mental health.

I for one wouldn't want sasguru's untimely sectioning or even death on my conscience.

Comment

Not diseases but still clinical terms not so many years ago.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...ensive-history

Whilst googling the subject, I learned that kids now call each other 'scopey' - the spastics society having changed their name to Scope some years back because spastic and derivatives thereof was such a widely used insult.

Comment

Working...
                      X