Oh Dear: Trouble at Mill, problems at home Oh Dear: Trouble at Mill, problems at home
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23

Godlike

milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced

Default Oh Dear: Trouble at Mill, problems at home

Morning All,

bit of a problem at Chateau Benes and I need some help from my friends at Contractor UK.

It's a delicate matter.

A couple of years ago we got two kittens from a local farm, we had them from six weeks and they grew to be beautiful cats, very happy at Chateau Benes and members of the family.

They have really settled into life at Chateau Benes and that's part of the problem, they generally sleep all day and like to roam the grounds at night.

We invested in a catflap for one of the glass panels of the winter garten, which they use, but, these days, every morning at around 4am they sit on the table on the terrace under the balcony from mine and the Mrs' bedroom, and they meowww until we come down and open the door to the winter garten despite the fact they can get in through their yuppy catflap.

And this is driving the Mrs and me mad, we've tried sleeping down stairs in the guest suite, but with a window open they figure out where we are and come and meow in the early hours of the morning under the window.

What to do, how to get them to stop waking us up in the early hours ?

Thanks and best,

Milan.

Nervous Newbie

Eccystig has no reputation

If you keep opening the door and letting them in then they will keep on doing it. Only solution is to ignore them and they will eventually get the message.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Eccystig View Post
    If you keep opening the door and letting them in then they will keep on doing it. Only solution is to ignore them and they will eventually get the message.
    No they won't. It needs escalating interventions. 1. Water gun. 2. Mini gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Nervous Newbie

Eccystig has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    No they won't. It needs escalating interventions. 1. Water gun. 2. Mini gun.
    well if you go down that route you'd best make sure you kill them otherwise they'll be back and will enact a horrible revenge on you.

Contractor Among Contractors

PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

A couple of solutions spring to mind

1. Take the glass out of your butler's window - they'll soon make an association there and it will become his problem.
    2. Get a dog

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

They are cats you are their slaves, do what they want otherwise they will seek revenge or move to a dwelling with more receptive human slaves.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Eccystig View Post
    Ey up, Pavlov's in.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    They have really settled into life at Chateau Benes and that's part of the problem, they generally sleep all day and like to roam the grounds at night.
    That is the one soul purpose for the existence of cats isn't it? They ought to include that in the definition of a cat.

We invested in a catflap for one of the glass panels of the winter garten, which they use, but, these days, every morning at around 4am they sit on the table on the terrace under the balcony from mine and the Mrs' bedroom, and they meowww until we come down and open the door to the winter garten despite the fact they can get in through their yuppy catflap.
    Easy one this. Located a winch on a timer at the bottom of the garden. Route cable through cat flap and attach to cats. At 4am the winch reels in, preferably at speed. Cat exit's flap as desired. Repeat until cat has got it sussed.

What to do, how to get them to stop waking us up in the early hours ?
    Rohypnol. For cats or both of you. Either way will achieve the desired result.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

If you've had them neutered you could try getting it reversed. When they wake up at 4am with a morning glory they'll bugger off looking for a source of relief for a bit and come back and have a post nookie nap till midday.
    Works a treat I can tell you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Wake them up throughout the day.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”