• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Summer 1 (July) - walking the Jura mountains.
    Summer 2 (November) - 3 weeks in Australia.
    3 weeks sounds good amount of time, are you touring Australia or have family over there?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I'm a bit hands-off on this holiday, so the misses has organised pretty much everything and im doing the driving. We are going to La Rochelle on the recommendation of a Belgium couple that said the sea food is fantastic there.

We are staying at this place
      Hôtel La Rochelle | La Monnaie **** Art & Spa - Luxe & Design

I will have a google about Île de Ré, thanks.
      Île de Ré is particularly good if you have kids with you.

Comment

Summer 1 (July) - Squatting in a Swiss flat and collecting deposits for rental in 2019.
        Summer 2 (November) - 3 weeks squatting in a Swiss flat and drinking all the wine and emptying the fridge.
        Last edited by Paddy; 20 June 2018, 15:52.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Eccystig View Post
          TFA

Off to Switzerland with the family, lovely little village about 25 minutes drive from Montreux.
          In the mountains, or by the lake? I've often been skiing in Leysin, but never visited in summer.

3 weeks sounds good amount of time, are you touring Australia or have family over there?
          We're going to a wedding in Wollongong, so before that we have week in Sydney, a week in the Blue Mountains and a week at the beach. Never been to Australia before.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            In the mountains, or by the lake? I've often been skiing in Leysin, but never visited in summer.
            We're up in the mountains, near Villars-sur-Ollen. It's lovely in the summer, mid to high 20's near the lake or go further up the mountain to the glacier and you've got snow.

Comment

Family trip to Cyprus.
              Never been before. Any tips welcome.

Comment

Nowhere. The weather is gorgeous here, there are festivals on all over the place. I will wait until winter when the weather is tulip and then go somewhere warm
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Florida again inc 3 day cruise to bahamas this time.

Using my JSA money....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Florida again inc 3 day cruise to bahamas this time.

Using my JSA money....
                    Cool - spend the day at Atlantis in Bahamas.

Comment

I'm a bit hands-off on this holiday, so the misses has organised pretty much everything and im doing the driving. We are going to La Rochelle on the recommendation of a Belgium couple that said the sea food is fantastic there.

We are staying at this place
                      Hôtel La Rochelle | La Monnaie **** Art & Spa - Luxe & Design

I will have a google about Île de Ré, thanks.

sounds great I love the muscles over there

La Rochell was the subject of most of our French textbook at school

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X