• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    sounds great I love the muscles over there

La Rochell was the subject of most of our French textbook at school

Milan.
    Do they have those public beach gyms?

Comment

Going to antalya turkey in 5 days for 2 weeks. Wanted to go Istanbul but misuses didn't want to

Comment

St Lucia for 2 weeks in August

Comment

Private villa with pool overlooking the sea in the Cyclades - Going in 2 weeks for 3 weeks. Expensive but oh-so-nice, can't wait.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nowhere atm.

Budget blown on a new bathroom this year so no major holiday. I'm semi-benched atm as well so using that as an excuse to do stuff at home instead.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
              Going to antalya turkey in 5 days for 2 weeks. Wanted to go Istanbul but misuses didn't want to
              My Sympathies, I went with the family and a friend. Neither wanted to go to Istanbul.

The Castle is worth a look but its a long walk up, take change for drinks on the way.

The pirate ship is fun, take soft drinks/water.

Walking about at night is much cooler.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                TFA

As soon as everyone else's kids go back to school we're off to the Italian Riviera. A little place called Bordighera on the Ligurian coast. Hotel room with balcony overlooking The Med, a private beach and plenty of nice restaurants.

We were there on a stopover last month and liked it so much we decided to go back for a proper break.

How about you?
                Technically your will be overlooking the Liguria Sea, not the Mediterranean Sea. If you have been sold a hotel room with a view overlooking the Med be sure to ask for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  TFA.

Had a cheeky week diving in Grenada last month.

Off to Tanzania in Sept for a week safari and a week diving in Zanzibar.

Bring it on.
                  What is the diving like in Grenada. Had a week in Cancun April 2017. Diving was OK but I'm not sure it was worth the journey. Off to Crete this Sept as I want dive/photograph the Messerschmitt 109 lying just off the coast in about 22m of water.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    Family trip to Cyprus.
                    Never been before. Any tips welcome.
                    Which bit are you going to. If you are anywhere near Protaras (East side of Greek Cyprus) then I would recommend a visit to the Turkish side, such a contrast to the Greek side.

Also if you are anywhere near Protaras, or Penera, I would recommend Knights Bar in Penera for food and drink. If you want to try scuba diving then get in contact with Daryl Hales or his partner Jo Wruk at Just Scuba Penera, Cyprus.
                    Last edited by Yorkie62; 22 June 2018, 06:53.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                      Assuming you are staying in a beach resort take a walk around Kaleici (the old town) especially at night. Very atmospheric. We tended to stay there in a hotel with a pool rather than the beach. Not been for a few years now.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X