• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to Turkey (Cappadocia and Antalya) for 8 days. I am looking forward to that, I've heard some great things, so I have high expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      What is the diving like in Grenada. Had a week in Cancun April 2017. Diving was OK but I'm not sure it was worth the journey. Off to Crete this Sept as I want dive/photograph the Messerschmitt 109 lying just off the coast in about 22m of water.
      It was ok. Loads of wrecks but not much big marine life TBH. There is a site where they have a series of sunken statues but they're at about 5m, so it's somewhere to finish rather than somewhere to base your dive around.

We only chose to go there as it's somewhere we hadn't been and that hasn't been trashed by various hurricanes.

Bonaire is where you want to go if you don't care about lying on a beach and just want to dive. Basically, you get your accommodation and a pickup truck for the week. Each day you put your gear in the back and drive around to to the tank station, grab a couple of tanks each and then follow the road around the island coast. Every few hundred metres there will be a pair of yellow stones by the side of the road indicating a good place to park and enter the water. If there's already a couple of trucks there just drive along to the next quiet one. Dive as often and when/where ever you like.

We only bother with shore diving but boat trips are available. However, the beaches are quite stoney and there is literally nothing else to do.

If you like wrecks there is ship that was scuttled named hilma hooker. The yanks all travel on Saturday morning so Friday afternoon and Saturday there's no one else around.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Assuming you are staying in a beach resort take a walk around Kaleici (the old town) especially at night. Very atmospheric. We tended to stay there in a hotel with a pool rather than the beach. Not been for a few years now.
        First part is in antalya city and second part in a resort in belek. Got a few trips planned out especially the waterfall place looks amazing and visiting all the ruins. Yes seen some videos online on the old town and it looks nice I'm looking forward to the food! Apparently the zoo is ok go to. If we get time going to go to the mountains on the other side. Second part in the resort is mainly for my daughter to enjoy the swimming pool and Sandy beach

Comment

No plans. Got a week off coming up as my Beau is down for a visit. Might have a trip to Glasgow early August.

Hoping for a decent flight sale so I can book up an Oz revisit in October for a wine festival.

Comment

Working...
          X