• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CO2 shortage disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Not a problem for real ale drinkers.

Lager louts (soccer fans) might not be happy though.
    soccer fans, soccer wtf is this soccer you are talking about. Damn it man its football and its because of people like you we can't have fizzy beer.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      soccer fans, soccer wtf is this soccer you are talking about. Damn it man its football and its because of people like you we can't have fizzy beer.
      I was calling it soccer as in Association Football to differentiate it from Rugby Football, Gaelic Football, Australian Rules Football, American Football, and all the other games that contain Football in the title that are sometimes referred to just as Football.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was calling it soccer as in Association Football to differentiate it from Rugby Football, Gaelic Football, Australian Rules Football, American Football, and all the other games that contain Football in the title that are sometimes referred to just as Football.
        You make me sick. Australian Rules Football is called Australian Rules Football, American Football is called American Football. Do you see the pattern.

Football is football. We have flat beer because of people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          You make me sick. Australian Rules Football is called Australian Rules Football, American Football is called American Football. Do you see the pattern.

Football is football. We have flat beer because of people like you.
          You've never been to Ireland, have you?

Find the local GAA and start talking football.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You think it is ironic that there is a shortage of manufactured CO2 in the UK, presumably because CO2 concentration in the atmosphere has reached about 410 ppm. Would you not have expected such a state of affairs?
            I'm sure we must have misunderstood each other somewhere down the line, my point being the green brigade have been telling us for decades we are producing too much CO2, and now we find out we are not able to harvest it in the right way. It's not as if we don't drink much beer / fizzy pop. That seems to be pretty much all we drink (or that may just be me). Anyway, we've established there's no shortage of CO2, so how hard can it be to turn some of it into tasty fizzy beer?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You've never been to Ireland, have you?

Find the local GAA and start talking football.
              I will do that, whilst drinking my flat beer because of you.

Best quote I've heard about calling football soccer, is it's like calling your best made by his surname.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Warm, flat beer? Not sure I can think of anything worse. I hope the supermarkets have stocked up on the fizzy stuff (although I'd rather go teetotal than have to rely on the rats piss they call Budweiser).
                It doesn't have to be warm and it shouldn't be flat. Cellar temperature of ~10C and the reason you get a head is the CO2 dissolved in the beer.

I brew a lot of american-style ales, and prefer them quite cold though not like lager. They are reasonably carbonated and delicious.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd not be too concerned about CO2 for production, but for supply, that's a bigger issue.
                  If a pub doesn't have CO2 in the lines, then the taps don't work.
                  Hand drawn taps aren't affected, but anything that requires a keg and pressure will be out.

Comment

Oh well, there's still cider.

Not sure I'm a fan of it though, too used to the gassy varieties such as Thatchers or Strongbow (if nothing more interesting on offer that isn't silly strength).

Tried some of Lilley's concoctions at the weekend, starting with 'Colider'. At first it reminded me of those cola cube sweets and the nostalgia of childhood memories kicked in, but then some bint had to raise the point that it was just like flat cola but £4 a pint. The rhubarb and mango versions were ok but I don't think they're meant as a session cider, a bit sickly so one pint of each is enough for me.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

And chicken now: https://www.theguardian.com/business...ring-world-cup

The world is coming to an end
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X