• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked it off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacked it off

It occurs to me that although the first week on a contract is a bit s**t, the final week tends to be great as you are on your bike and the normal stuff you have to sort is about to go away.
    This has occurred to me now as I have just sacked off my current contract. I have a high tolerance for management, as long as they leave me alone I will happily play the game.
    Occasionally they feel the need to let people know who is the boss and the request I respond well to becomes an unreasonable order that sounds like do this.....or else.
    Such a situation occurred monday morning, instead of the usual pouring petrol on, I walked away to let the anger subside, this didn't work and I ended up even angrier. Consequently the next day I advised I was done, preferably that day...
    Not sure I am cut out to be a contractor but have you seen the forecast for next week ?!

Well played Sir. I reckon there will be envious eyes on you from the rest of the proles still stuck there.

Comment

Good luck and enjoy your free time - which I suspect may be cut short!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
        It occurs to me that although the first week on a contract is a bit s**t, the final week tends to be great as you are on your bike and the normal stuff you have to sort is about to go away.
        This has occurred to me now as I have just sacked off my current contract. I have a high tolerance for management, as long as they leave me alone I will happily play the game.
        Occasionally they feel the need to let people know who is the boss and the request I respond well to becomes an unreasonable order that sounds like do this.....or else.
        Such a situation occurred monday morning, instead of the usual pouring petrol on, I walked away to let the anger subside, this didn't work and I ended up even angrier. Consequently the next day I advised I was done, preferably that day...
        Not sure I am cut out to be a contractor but have you seen the forecast for next week ?!
        Not sure you would be cut out to be a permie. You will never be left alone.

Comment

Sometimes I try to imagine what sort of offer could ever entice me to go perm, it would have to basically be extortion for me even to consider it !

Comment

Working...
          X