• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official (TM) England - Panama thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The finishing did indeed improve.
    A man. A plan. A canal. Panama!

Comment

So, the question is: do England want to finish first or second in their group?

The good news is that the opposition is either Japan, Senegal or Colombia, and they are all playing at 3pm - so it's over before the England match kicks off.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        So, the question is: do England want to finish first or second in their group?

The good news is that the opposition is either Japan, Senegal or Colombia, and they are all playing at 3pm - so it's over before the England match kicks off.
        Don't under-rate any of those teams, I've watched their matches and they're all good.

Unless Poland pull their socks up for their last match (they've been dire), Japan will beat them and top the group.
        If Columbia beat Senegal, they'll be second.
        Looking at Columbia play yesterday, I reckon they're the most dangerous (talented, flair side who were unlucky in their 1st match against Japan which they played mostly with 10 men due a quick sending off).
        Japan are a tidy, solid team but predictable.

And so I think coming second in group G in order to get, most probably, Japan would suit England.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The finishing did indeed improve.
          Unlike your predicting ability.

So I guess we can just add football punditry to a burgeoning list of topics that you have fook all knowledge of, but gibber on about regardless.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Unlike your predicting ability.

So I guess we can just add football punditry to a burgeoning list of topics that you have fook all knowledge of, but gibber on about regardless.

Don't get carried away, Panama were unreasonably tulipe.

Incidentally, been checking the likely path: it would be MUCH MUCH better to come second in this group.
            As things are, that takes us out of the way of Germany and Brazil and towards Mexico and Switzerland.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X