• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England Base rate & other news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Rate maintained at 0.75% - November 2019

Bank Rate maintained at 0.75% - November 2019 | Bank of England

Comment

Base rate held at 0.75%

From the BBC:

UK interest rates kept on hold at 0.75% - BBC News

Comment

Exciting stuff this base rate nonsense.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

It was pretty exciting when it was 15%.

These days, not so much.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

These days, not so much.
            yes, never understood that snake business, but it cost me nevertheless.

Comment

UK inflation unexpectedly hits six-month high in January, pushed up by fuel prices

Report from Reuters:

UK inflation unexpectedly hits six-month high in January, pushed up by fuel prices - Reuters

Comment

Interesting that as I filled up at the Asda in Moss Side and paid about £1.20 per a litre of diesel - which is cheapest I have seen it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Interesting that as I filled up at the Asda in Moss Side and paid about £1.20 per a litre of diesel - which is cheapest I have seen it for a while.
                  Surprised you left there with your wallet, never mind your wheels...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    He'll come back to his car which will be empty again. It's actually twice the price as he is just buying his own fuel back.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      He'll come back to his car which will be empty again. It's actually twice the price as he is just buying his own fuel back.
                      Nah- its pay at pump and I normally do it about 7 in the morning after the locals have gone to bed and way before they get up.

And besides there is a large KFC nearby and it seems the 24 hour availability of fried chicken has pacified the locals somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                      X