• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The trade war begins... signs of world war?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    The US sells naff all cars built in the US in the EU but the EU sells loads into the 200 million+ consumer market of the US. I think shares in German auto makers have just dropped
    The Germans have huge factories in the US, their exports have been dropping for years. China will be lowering their tariffs for the EU and raising tariffs and boycotting US vehicles. Airbus will be moving its production to Germany, and most countries will be dumping Boeing and buying Airbus to retaliate against US tariffs.

All in all the US raising tariffs has come at a good time as the German car factories wouldn't be able to cope with the increased demand from China.

The only strategic response the US has is to sign a deal with UK and swamp it with cars and agricultural products that no-one else wants to buy.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Everyone just get over themselves.

There will be some tutting, some hissing through teeth culminating in some horse trading and everything will be agreed under slightly different terms.

This is all bluster.

Comment

Trade wars, nuclear wars, global warming, immigrant children, Mexican walls, G7 theatrics, muddled domestic policies, flitting back and forth across the boundaries of sanity, of lawfulness, and of common sense...
        Is it simply smoke and mirrors? A distraction con to keep the whole world watching while all that’s good is systematically stolen or ripped to shreds?
        Are these republican idiot American presidents simply clowns who accomplished things beyond their wildest capabilities, or are they the most dangerous and cunning amongst us, hiding their true nature and destructive intent beneath a pretense of idiocy?

https://youtu.be/uQvig0KvUaE

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
          https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44567636

Seems like it started off with us vs China. Now it's gone global. The important part is that if it's too expensive to buy orange juice from USA then they get it from Brazil and same goes for other products. This in turn would cripple America. This tied in with Russia banking out it's bonds with America freeing it's money shows other super powers are bailing out ahead of something that is big to come.

Turkey being rejected the new f35 fighter planes because of buying Russian new s400 defence missile.

Brexit in the UK and Europe being pissed.

WTO falling apart.

As you know we live in a world when each nation is interconnected as evident in the bubble crash of 2008 and the way America is going it means only bad news for the rest of us.
          Get yourself over to the Brexit sub-forum, they will love another bed-wetter like you there.

Comment

Eh, I'd call that "trade war" an overblown TV show more than anything, Russia, the EU and the US are still cooperating in what matters. The NASA still buys Russian rocket engines, the Europeans still buy Russian gas and sell their foodstuffs, cars and home appliances, and the Russians travel in London and Berlin.. I mean, just look at this : https://tranio.com/articles/the-top-...operty-buyers/ all of the countries where Russians are buying houses : France, Greece, Italy... Only Montenegro isn't in the EU, but it might be soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              Everyone just get over themselves.

There will be some tutting, some Gnashing Of teeth(and for the dentally challenged - Teeth will be Provided) culminating in some horse trading and everything will be agreed under slightly different terms.

This is all bluster.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Oi Bean you fooking stupid koont.

Your sig. Why have you put something in quotes that I haven't said?
                Re-read the thread, because you did. You Muppet/Cretin/Koont*

take your pick

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It rather depends on what the word was. Best you don't remind us.
                Well I won't if you're going to report me again, ya snowflake

Life according to Old Smeg;
                some words - not ok
                inciting/advocating some violence - ok

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                It does now.
                Re-corrected it myself, but thanks lol
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Re-read the thread, because you did. You Muppet/Cretin/Koont*
                  There is no post I've made that corresponds to your sig, you lying koont, as opposed to your stupid misinterpretation.
                  You really are an incredibly thick imbecile.
                  What do you do for a living, I'm pretty sure it won't be anything requiring any brains?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

There is no post I've made that corresponds to your sig, you lying koont, as opposed to your stupid misinterpretation.
                    What do you do for a living, I'm pretty sure it won't be anything requiring any brains?
                    The quote he has in his signature was not made by sas, nor is the reference to sas.

According to Bean:
                    'NEED is the same as WANT, It's pedantry to say say they're different'
                    - sasguru 2017, Post 2493427
                    According to the database:
                    The evidence in incontrovertible, as seen in this thread.
                    When you fell out of the stupid tree, you not only hit all the branches on the way down, but you climbed up again and did it all over again.
                    Is your obsession with pedantry because you're autistic, mentally ill or thick as mince?
                    Or all 3?
                    Post 2493427 has not been edited at any time.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have paraphrased you now, instead of directly quoting.

Search for the post number provided in the sig, re-read the thread and interpret your comments in post #89 as objectively as possible.

IF , you are able to do this, you will see, you did in fact effectively say that, you complete moron.
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X