• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sticking up for nurses etc - do you ever think whats the big deal with what I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticking up for nurses etc - do you ever think whats the big deal with what I do?

My dear wife is a nurse working out in the community. If she doesnt show at a patients house for some reason, it could have disastrous consequences.....

When I see some of the gits I work with here in the public sector, does get you thinking so how seriously would someones health be affected if I f@cked up one day. Of course, everyone on here has at some point, lucky we're not nurses cos they get shafted.

Trying to think of what I've done over the years. Yes I've worked for NHS, and dealt with NHS systems. Would it have an immediate effect on someones health? Probably not.

I've worked in Defence. Immediate effect probably not.

At worse, surely all we do is make sure some organisations somewhere continues to rake in the money? Or make things more convenient for someone?

Anyone work in a role where someone may die if they **** up?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Everytime you call yourself a contractor a little bunny dies.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have a critical job. I process JSA forms.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        My dear wife is a nurse working out in the community. If she doesnt show at a patients house for some reason, it could have disastrous consequences.....

When I see some of the gits I work with here in the public sector, does get you thinking so how seriously would someones health be affected if I f@cked up one day. Of course, everyone on here has at some point, lucky we're not nurses cos they get shafted.

Trying to think of what I've done over the years. Yes I've worked for NHS, and dealt with NHS systems. Would it have an immediate effect on someones health? Probably not.

At worse, surely all we do is make sure some organisations somewhere continues to rake in the money? Or make things more convenient for someone?

Before shauny was invalided out of the army, dozens of people could die of food poisoning, if he didn't wash his hands after taking a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          Goes without saying that one......
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            PC processes his brothers' forms.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Yeah, I worked in Edinburgh - if I f***ed up on the A701 on the drive home, good chance the car would do 0-60 far quicker than it could on level ground.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well, all the bus and lorry drivers could quickly kill a lot of people if things went wrong. That's generally the case with heavy machinery though.

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
                  Well, all the bus and lorry drivers could quickly kill a lot of people if things went wrong. That's generally the case with heavy machinery though.
                  PC .... small tool .... punchline....
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Pah.

Amateurs all.

Global Thermonuclear War.

Pass the cobalt thorium G.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X