• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well that's a bit of a price rise...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I dispose of mine myself.
    Does your pubic topiary produce a lot of compostable waste then?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Might start a Great Escape style sprinkling of excess soil down the road as I go for a stroll for the Saturday lunchtime fish and chips.
      nah that is for when the sewage costs go up, the councils Roses will have a bumper year.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year

Currently paying £56 a year for ours. Might have to make some cutbacks.
        It's a kind of Council Tax shrinkflation.

Expect more and more services to become paid addons, whilst the £2K a year you already pay covers sweet FA.

Comment

Disposed of a big pile at dump today. Us sensible people have vans!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year

Currently paying £56 a year for ours. Might have to make some cutbacks.
            Don't your gardeners have their own composting/incinerating processes in place?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Don't your gardeners have their own composting/incinerating processes in place?
              Most garden waste (cutting of hedges and trees) can be put through a shredder to turn it into a ground mulch to suppress weeds and keep moisture in the soil.

My neighbour just throws his garden waste over the back fence into no man's land next to the small river.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Most garden waste (cutting of hedges and trees) can be put through a shredder to turn it into a ground mulch to suppress weeds and keep moisture in the soil.

My neighbour just throws his garden waste over the back fence into no man's land next to the small river.
                yep a Lidl shredder was a great investment. 3 tonne bags of twigs become 1/4 a bag of mulch.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A shredder is one of my favourite garden toys. But not everything can be shredded, mulched or burned. E.g. Shimano Ultegras
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Do you people not have gardeners?

I just asked one of our groundsmen what he does with the waste and he said they burn it or compost it behind the summerhouse

Comment

Working...
                    X