• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official (TM) England - Belgium thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming second in this group means avoiding the big beasts.
    How to do that, though?
    No team ever trains to lose - it must be extremely hard ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I don't remember which pundit was on the telly last night addressing this point. He said it wouldn't happen because it just wasn't in the English psyche to go out aiming to lose.

You can supply your own comeback to that

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

You can supply your own comeback to that
        Plenty of practice has been had at losing?
        I guess one way to do it would be to send in the subs with a non-coherent game philosophy.
        In my mind this is a test of Gareth's nous and authority.
        By all accounts Kane is desperate to play because he wants to be the Golden boot.
        But winning this game is detrimental to England's chances because it would give them harder challenges going forwards.
        If ENgland are to win, there must be focus on only one goal: the easiest route to get to the final.
        Plus I think resting the A-team and keeping them fresh is an added benefit - it's been quite hot in some of the matches.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is there a prize for spotting a mention of this match as the "Brexit Derby"?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Sterling to start.

It's a win win. Either he continues his poor effort at keeping his place in the starting line-up, helping England finish second in the group, or he comes good and helps them win the whole thing.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Sterling to start.

It's a win win. Either he continues his poor effort at keeping his place in the starting line-up, helping England finish second in the group, or he comes good and helps them win the whole thing.
              No, no no ... this is not the game for anyone to come good.
              Where's good old donkey England when we need it, punting long balls down the field?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                No, no no ... this is not the game for anyone to come good.
                Where's good old donkey England when we need it, punting long balls down the field?
                Hoddle is doing the commentary these days.

Now they just pass the ball side to side and backwards as they're all too crap to run past players while also retaining the ball. If only Gazza had opened a school of football instead of Beckham. They went for the sleeve tattooed mopey stick insect fetishist over kebabs and lager.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Heres my prediction if England win:-

1. Will be mention that maybe England can win world cup now.
                  2. 1966 will be mentioned a few times.
                  3. Everyone else in the UK outside of England will want them to lose the next match even more because of (1) and (2).
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Heres my prediction if England win:-

1. Will be mention that maybe England can win world cup now.
                    2. 1966 will be mentioned a few times.
                    3. Everyone else in the UK outside of England will want them to lose the next match even more because of (1) and (2).
                    So to summarise, ENgland should REALLY REALLY lose this match and field a B-team because:

1. Coming second opens up the easier side of the draw
                    2. It rests the A-team
                    3. It lowers expectations again, which is necessary.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      Hoddle is doing the commentary these days.

Now they just pass the ball side to side and backwards as they're all too crap to run past players while also retaining the ball. If only Gazza had opened a school of football instead of Beckham. They went for the sleeve tattooed mopey stick insect fetishist over kebabs and lager.
                      I think that's a bit harsh to be fair. I know they've only played weak teams, but some of their football has been as good as anything I've seen.
                      I'm not one of those who reckons they'll win the WC, but they should get further than usual if they get the easier side of the draw.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X